Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nice Weave!

Today's card uses the daisy from the new Stamp TV kit Eclectic Summer (layered twice) and popped up on top of a weave of "Ribbon Stripes". Stitching is done with the Inkssentials White Pen.

For this square 4.25 " card, stamp out 4 red and 4 blue stripes of your choice on Gina K Pure Luxury White Cardstock. Cut with your paper trimmer, and thread them over and under (like you did at camp LOL!) Trim the ends and layer them onto Gina K Rocket Red and In the Navy.
Designer's Note: I forgot that the main reason I wanted to make the this card to begin with was to show off a weave using the new free "Summer Fabrics" printed on white! DOH!!! (Oh well, just imagine how cool the texture would be, will you?) So now in this sample the bright white cardstock is superbright and superwhite, smooth like the daisy! (yeah, that's it!) ;) Button is from a Basic Grey assortment.
Another post for you later today! Be on the lookout!

6 comments:

  1. Truly, this IS a fantastic weave. What a great background this makes for your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty - you're just too crafty! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha! You crack me up Mel! But it's a FANTastic weave, I agree! What a neat idea and it looks fantastic with the daisy! Love your faux stitching too! I thought you had done broke out the sewing machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! The weave is a great touch. I am glad to know that I am not the only one to change directions on a project and forget the main reason for the project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow wow! This is so cool :) Thanks so much for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card. Fun - and the flower, while I never would have thought about it being patriotic, fits right in perfectly!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)