Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Perfect Match!

I thought the little cut-out racket pair together from "Sporty Accessories" would be fabulous as a heart!
Images are stamped in Memento and colored with Copics. TIP: When mounting the rackets over a colored CS, color through the netting in a color to match so it looks like the racket is really strung and you're seeing the colored CS beneath it! Red CS is the new Gina K Pure Luxury Rocket Red, die cut with a Nestabilites heart. The tennis ball is popped up on the racket and then stamped and colored along the bottom, kind of like a brad or eyelet border but much easier!

I love all the texture (and perceived texture!) on this card. The white background paper you see is the new "Summer fabrics" digital paper, you can print your own canvas FREE, isn't that beautiful? The striped ribbons are from the new StampTV "Eclectic Summer" kit. Base is Gina K In the Navy.


Have a great day, love you!

11 comments:

  1. Wow, I guess it pays to be up late :D. This is fabulous, Mel. Way to show how stunning simple and elegant can be. I love the little row of tennis balls running along the bottom too. a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacular, Melanie!! The rackets look like metal charms, nice tip on the strings, so realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING!!! I just LOVE ;o) this Melanie!
    Sometimes ya just have to look at things in a different way to get inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY sweet!!! Love it! Duhhh... I never thought to color over the strings! LOL You are so darn schhhhmmmmarrrrrt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card! Thanks for the tip on the rackets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melanie, I love this card! My DH plays tennis and this would be perfect for us. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so CUTE!! First thing I thought of was my massive crush I used to have on Andre Agassi! (ok who am I kidding, he's still hot and I still have the crush!) hee hee Love your tip about coloring the tennis racket. Also love your bow, and the line of balls along the bottom. CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love how this card turned out! Cool way to use the rackets, love the tennis balls at the bottom and the ribbon :o) Top notch card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally adorable Melanie!! You are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. totally cool! love how you used those rackets!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)