Thursday, June 11, 2009

Week 2: Tina Gilliland

Today Tina mixes it up: "Sporty Accessories" and "Wee Tees"

This card is actually a birth announcement, the front has a very clean and simple design with the onesie, a nice little baseball background and "It's a boy" from "Just So Sporty". I love the summery, patriotic colors and elements she used (my older son has a July 1 birthday, so we've had quote a few red, white and blue parties here!) ;) Cardstock and ribbon from the Stamp TV kit "Eclectic Summer", DP is the free "Stars and Stripes" digital paper.
Now look inside!

Don't you LOVE that bat design for each line item?? (and it keeps your handwriting straight LOL!) The lbs and ounces, my mommy and Daddy and world's cutest are all from "Wee Tees", the meagphone is such a fun way to way to make this very important announcement at the top!
You could easily adapt this design using the club or hockey stick, as well as making this into a party invitation instead (all the words you need for your invite details can be found in "Jumping for Joy". Hope this inspires, I know it did me! (off to make some invitations, the birthday's just a few weeks away!! ;)
Tina has another sample for us today, let's go see! :)
PS Would you like to guest design for me one day? I spend a lot of time browsing the gallery at Stamp TV for my next designers, uploading your creations there with my stamps will definitely show me your point of view and interest! ;)

12 comments:

  1. Oh another awesome one by Tina! I LOVE the inside with the bats, tooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this!!!! Love the colors and the way she designed this...FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea from Tina! Love the bats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful baby announcement. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Love LOVE this, Melanie! The star paper with the tee is just so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the bats! Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Congrats Melanie to you and to Tina. The colors and explanations were wonderful and do inspire ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So stinking creative! LOVE IT!!!

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! You never cease to amaze me - and you make it look so easy!
    Wonderful card!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this card as a birth announcement. Wish I would have seen that a few months ago when I sent mine out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creatively cute idea! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)