Friday, June 12, 2009

Soccer Spin

Here are spinner cards I made for my son Jonathan's coaches at the end of the soccer season. I punched out the balls from "Sporty Accessories" with a 1" circle punch and made the spinner with the SU! Word Window punch.


His team was the "Yellow Jackets" and they had those beautiful shimmery yellow jerseys so I made the stars, jersey from "Just So Sporty" and card base from Paper Temptress Gold Metallic paper, these metallic papers are GREAT for sports jerseys! (and are on sale this month!) I stamped "#1" and "Thank U Coach" from the same set and drew some wrinkles around the jersey outline with a yellow Koh-i Noor to give them some depth. TIP: Use Staz-On Ink with these metallic papers , some inks are slow to dry on this specialty finish and can smear or not show up as well, but Staz-On dries instantly!

For a spinner card, you need two pennies and two pop dots, the stack goes in this order: stamped image, pop dot, penny, pop dot, punched slot, penny!



Here it is above in action! :) Yup, that's what I sound like (when I'm cheering, that is, but not nearly as loud as I would at the actual game!) ;)

Hope you got a kick out of this! Blog candy coming up!! :)

11 comments:

  1. Woohoo! You rock too Mel! Woohoo! I love those cards, and I bet the coaches loved them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LVOE this idea! Great for the coach too. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many ways to use these stamps. I love the spinner card idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool idea. And I love your video. You rock too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spinner cards and love what you did with the soccer stamp! Great idea! Have a nice weekend :o))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! This card rocks! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a soccer mom myself, I just love the spinner cards. The tip on how to add wrinkles is appreciated. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! LOL You DO rock!!! I bet your son loved that one!

    P.S. I'm stealing your "link within"....cool widget!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ha ha! a video!! that's such a GREAT idea for a Coach Thank You card!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that is great - I always try to think of neat images to use with the spinner that makes sense - and this is perfect!
    Thanks for all the fun!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is too cute!! :) love your lil cheer!! :) i cant wait to try out the spinner idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)