Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sneak Peek Day 2: "Arranged with Love" and "Bug Me Anytime"

If you're familiar with my past stamp designs, you know I love elemental sets that allow you to create different compositions with the images to suit a certain style, mood, or layout. One of my favorites, "A Year of Flowers" is one that lends itself to the very simplest designs, with a single bloom on a one layer card, all the way to a very intricate arrangement using every blossom and leaf in the set LOL! I love how you could never make the same card twice with it. But sometimes when you stamp, you don't want to think (about: Where does the embellishment go? What layout should I do? Where is that mask again?? Where is my mojo...?!) you just want to stamp and color. I get that. (Sometimes, me, too!) This new set is for you! :) The sample below is a TWO LAYER CARD, made from just TWO stamps!


In my newest set "Arranged with Love", releasing this Thursday from Gina K Designs, I have taken all the time and guesswork out for you with this large frame stamp image, which I painstakingly arranged and edited a few of my favorites from "A Year of Flowers" to give you an extravagant, layered-looking bouquet, ready to layer onto your card front, that you can send for any occasion, year-round! It's like sending a real bouquet! The framed flowers image has a tiny blank "card" nestled in the center, and I've included 10 different greeting options for all occasions. You will adore the large, elegant font. I colored this with Copics and trimmed it with a pair of postage edge scissors, it is so easy to change the look with decorative scissors and sooo easy to cut, just follow the line! Card base is Pure Luxury Rocket Red.

Now, if you don't want to color, this set is also for you! Check out how beautiful it is stamped in a colored ink! (You won't believe how quick it was to put this clear gift box of cards together!)

These are stamped with Vivid Brick on the new Gina K Pure Luxury Soft Sand CS, layered onto Rocket Red and Ivory.



I stamped just the little greeting card in the middle onto the Ivory CS and cut it out to layer on top so the greeting would really "pop" off the darker paper. There is just one of the new 2 mm self adhesive rhinestones at the top corner of each for some bling, that tiny sparkle adds so much!

"Arranged with Love" is a wonderful stand alone set, but also the perfect companion to your "A Year of Flowers". By using a single bloom to decorate the inside of the card or your envelope, or if you don't see your favorite flower in this new set (or want to change this up to match your season, for example: sunflower for fall), simply cut one out and pop one into this arrangement, it will fit right in! :) Here I've stamped the frame image directly onto my card base and turned it sideways, then covered the little sentiment card with some masked "A Year of Flowers" lilies. It's like custom DP for the first set, but in a frame!

I also stamped the frame onto the back of my envelope. This is a really nice way to match the card when you're going to be hand delivering it, rather than just writing the name!

Below you can see how I stamped the individual lilies on the flap to decorate the back. I stamped the background one more time on some white CS and in plum ink and stamped another greeting from the set over it in Memento Black.





I may never be able to send a thank you or birthday card to all my readers, but I crafted this set with every one of you in mind, hoping you'll get years of enjoyment stamping with it and in turn bring smiles to your friends and family when they receive these creations from your heart. That's why I called it "Arranged with Love". Flowers and BIG hugs from me! :)

The next peek is the new set from Nina Brackett: "Bug Me Anytime". It is such a fun, funky set! It includes flower parts and pieces so you can make your own modern-looking arrangements, plus, of course, BUGS!! I stamped the big dotted strip from "Ribbon Stripes" for the side and bottom , it is such a nice match for the large dots that accent the majority of the images in this set, and the ladybug! So cute!! This time I used Almost Amethyst with the Rocket Red and I am lovin' this color combo!

Please check out more samples of these sets from our Gina K team, and stop back tomorrow for our two last peeks, and then... THE PARTY!! :)



Gina, Carolyn, Cathy, Cindy, Donna, Emily, Jessica, Kurtis, Lee, Lynn, and Theresa
and, be sure to check out our CenterStage Spotlight girls joining us in Previews today: Carla Suto and Melisa Waldorf , my Guest Designer this month: Selma Stevenson plus a couple more rockstar special appearances from Denise Marzec and Dawn Lusk! Thank you everyone! :)

36 comments:

  1. Wowza, Melanie! These are amazing. I love the brilliant coloring on that first card and then gorgeous simplicity of the second. Love the lily and your bug me card, too! Wow, that's some fabulous eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh Mel!!!!!! My jaw totally hit the floor!!!! Again........'cuz it did when I got this stamp too......it's just stunning!!! And it absolutely is THE perfect bg for your Year Of Flowers which I also adore!!!!! And that buggy card....I love the whimsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say Melanie! I am already a HUGE fan of your Year of Flowers! but this!! OMGosh!! How much fun am I going to have with this!!! and the other set!! So whimsical! Just love it!! Can't wait to get inky!! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow! I love what you have done with this set! I've seen a couple of cards done like this with the "Year of Flowers" set but me and masking - not a happy mix. I love that you've gone and done the hard work for us.
    This will be the perfect addion to my "Year of Flowers" set
    I'll definately have to add this one to my shopping list

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will definately be placing my order this month. Love your new set, of course when I first opened it up, I rolled my eyes thinking you had just used your original flowers in an amazing way, when I cannot seem to get stems and leaves ever to line up. Spoiled by clear stamps for sure. Anyhow, I am over the moon with excitement for this. It is an outstanding design and I love that there are sentiments or just a an amazing way to use any sentiment. VERSATILITY. Thanks Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! What an awesome stamp - and love all your cards. You totally rocked the coloring on that first one, but the red on tan is just soooo elegant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Absolutely fabulous Melanie! I love your new set and what you did for both new sets. You are so creative. Thank you for such wonderful inspiration.
    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the images! Hugs, moni

    ReplyDelete
  9. This stamp set is awesome. It's more than on my wish list. It's on my MUST HAVE OR I won't be able to eat, drink or sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Melanie, you outdid yourself! Your card is spectacular. Amazing coloring. What a fabulous idea you came up with for this set.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just gorgeous, Mel, just absolutely gorgeous! You know I HAVE to get your new set. I love how versatile it is and there's no way I could do all that masking - thanks for doing it for me! :-)

    The "Bug Me Anytime" card is so cute too! It looks like it will be a very cute set. Miss Jess is getting more interesting in stamping - how cool is that? Nina's set might be right up her isle, too.

    As always, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on you new set! It's beautiful. Love your samples. I can't wait to try to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beatiful cards! I especially love the card set. There is a lot to be said in simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  14. *gasp*...beautiful Melanie!! just beautiful!
    thanks again for letting me in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG, Mel! Your creativeness amazes me every single month! LOVE the bright on that first card, I did use the red just for you too! I can't color anything red now without thinking, 'oh Mel will like this!' LOL! And what a gorgeous boxed set...LOVE it..well ALL of them!

    That bug card is just soo cute and whimisical, with wonderful bright colors..AWEsome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. GORGEOUS set and I love all the wonderful samples!!! Those flowers are amazing. *I really love the card set idea too!

    Love the sweet bug card as well! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mal,
    Once again your flowers are spectacular! They are just gorgeous! Wishing great success on the new release!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh Melanie - you have done it again! Beautiful!
    Great job with the cards!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowzers! This is such an amazing looking set! Love the gorgeous coloring of the first and the elegant yet simple look of the second red/sand card! Good golly Miss Molly!
    Then the Lily card too...beautimous!
    Cute whimsical bug card too....you have been busy :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely spectacular cards, Melanie! I love the vibrant coloring on the first card and the subtle elegance of the second set! Wonderful combination with A Year of Flowers on the third! And your Bug Me card is so cute and whimsical! Awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  21. EeeeeK!!!! I knew it, I knew it!!! A bouquet!!! I LOVE it! Can't wait to get mine! And you KNOW I will... hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Look at you go!...you DID have a marathon stamping event. These are all GORGEOUS! Love Love LOVE your coloring.

    Thanks so much for letting me play along in the sneak peeks of this set. I ADORE it and I'll definitely be using it a lot. With all those different sentiments, it's a set that can be used so much!...not to mention it's INCREDIBLY pretty and fun to color. :)

    {{Huge Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Melanie, these are LOVELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Melanie - your cards are AMAZING!!!! I really love your red and soft sand ones... simple but perfect!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wowzers! REALLY pretty flowers and I love both sets. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Melanie this is another awesome set. Thank you for asking me to help you preview this gorgeous arrangement.Love seeing what everyone is coming up with. All your samples are fantastic. This set has so many possibilities. Your talent is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow! I love your new set. I love how it goes with your other set.

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOVE your new Arranged with Love image -- thanks for making a simple but elegant image for us to use.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh Mel, these are drop-dead GORGEOUS! Your coloring is spot-on, as always! Gorgeous, vibrant colors! The bug me card is too flippin' cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I just love this stamp Melanie, what a great idea!! I can't wait for the reveal to see all the awesome sentiments you've included in it!! I've wanted your A Year of Flowers forever now, I think I'm going to HAVE TO order them both now. Yay!! Once again an awesome Melanie creation!! Love your cards you shared today too, that first one is just GORGEOUS - so striking!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. FYI I just tagged you on my blog, no worries, you don't have to play along! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  32. Melanie! What a lovely background stamp! Your examples are just fabulous. I really dig the rich colors in the first one. What a beautiful compliment to A Year of Flowers!

    Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous Projects Melanie. I love what you did with NinaB's set!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Melanie these are such awesome stamps you created! Love them done without coloring too!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I don't know what to say, except...
    Magnificent!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)