Friday, June 5, 2009

Anchors Aweigh!

I finally got this great sailboat inky from the new "Free with Three" set "Lazy Days of Summer"! In the Navy cardbase, Pure Luxury White for my boat and tag and striped ribbon are all from the Stamp TV Kit "Eclectic Summer". This card uses one of Allison's So Sketchy layouts from May, you can find it here. (Thank you everybody who visited during the bloghop, I enjoyed reading all your comments and "seeing so many new faces"! :) "Relax" is stamped on the Nestabilities tag I cut from Gina's Summer Fabrics printed Digi paper, I just love this FREE fabric digi pack, be sure to download and use often! I made some panels from the Paper Temptress Sandy Stripes Vellum, I like how the navy subtly shows through this tan translucent paper. All vellums on sale this month, check them out! Metal dots at the corners add to the masculine, nautical theme.

Although we most likely will not be on the water, we will be at the beach this weekend, I will come back with lots of sandcastle pics(we'll be going to a big competition, same as last year, if you've been following me that long)! Have a good one!

8 comments:

  1. Great card Melanie! I like the design. Have fun this weekend! I am always amazed with the way they can build those huge pieces of sand art and then sad it all washed away into the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, so elegant. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that!!! Love the colors you chose. May have to CASE that as my hubby wants a sailboat so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Melanie, that digi paper looks like it's textured and I love the colors. Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card - I love the colors and the layout. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the look of that sandy stripe vellum with the navy. Awesome nautical card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunner! Fabulous job.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)