Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Isn't it Romantic...?

Here's a whimsical take on a sunset using the Stamp TV Kit Eclectic Summer (moonrise?)

Begin stamping your silhouette image in Memento Black. Mask in the middle of the image with a straight piece of scrap paper and sponge above it to create the horizon. Rip some small "islands" from scratch pieces and sponge black ink into these negaative spaces. Place a die cut Nestabilities heart over the couple and sponged Pumpkin Pie and Regal Rose over it, when you remove the mask it will remain bright white. Remove masks. Rotate the heart a half turn and sponge around it lightly below the boat, remove the mask, then sponge over it in the same inks to make the lower reflection blurrier and more subtle.

To give it a lot of contrast (and to keep from blinging it up too much for my sweetie!) I matted it in simple blacks and whites (Pure Luxury of course!) like an art gallery print. EK Success Curved Corner punches at the top and bottom.

Have a wonderful day (and night!)

14 comments:

  1. kissy kissy! I {heart} your card. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel that card just rocks TFS beautiful :)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous Mel! LOVE how you did the 'sun/moon'! What a neat idea, and the reflection is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you did this Melanie. It is a beautiful card. Adding the islands was a great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeks~! So romantic Melanie. Love the heart shaped moon/sun and its reflection... Great job and nice design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So romantic! Thanks for the great technique explanations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it Melanie! I especially enjoy your attention to detail in including the heart moon reflection on the water

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous! Love the reflection in the water as well.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this IS romantic! it's beautiful, I've yet to do one of these reflection cards, I'm nervous about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ! I think this is one of my favorite cards that you have made and shown to us! It's beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a beautiful card Melanie. Thank you for the easy to understand explanation of how you created it. It gives me hope that if I try it, I can do something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the colors on this!! VERY romantic!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)