Monday, June 15, 2009

So Strappy!

Here is one of my last "So Sketchy" Challenges to end my 6 month So Sketchy run as a "Sistah", it's been a blast! Be sure to visit the Sketchy blog for this particular sketch.

The different horizontal strips inspired me to use Theresa's horse from "Out West" set and create some bridle straps, I used Gina K's "Ribbon Stripes" for these as well as using the diamond stripe image to create a faux bandanna patten on the Pure Luxury Rocket Red CS by stamping it in Vivid Coffee Bean and accenting it with the Inkssentials White Pen. Base is Pure Luxury Chocolate Kiss. I rubbed ghe pad directly onto the paper to give it this suede look (such a velvety, juicy pad!) and then distressed the edges. The different buckles are from the SU! Antique Brass Hodge Podge kit.

More later, I just got back in town from a long weekend, lots to do!!! Have a great day!!

7 comments:

  1. Love the straps you created! What a great use of the stamp set Ribbon Stripes, Fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Melanie...and your "leather" straps look awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card. Love the straps and buckles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card Melanie. The straps are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous use of the sketch Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is so cool. I love how you used Ribbons and Stripes.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)