Saturday, January 14, 2012

Another Pendant Design

Hello! Hope you are having good weekend! Did you have a chance to check out the Center Stage Spotlight Hop yet? (I did, although I was having trouble getting my comments to show up, will have to go back through tomorrow...) Among other not to miss designs all using a terrific sketch from Melissa Cash, Carla has a gorgeous card she made with "Stately Flowers 2" set, be sure to check that out, she'll have another here on my blog next week.

Here is a quickie post to show you something else I did with a butterfly pendant (from "Make a State-ment") I stamped and colored, this time in blue. I couldn't help noticing when I was making the red one last week that the inside was the perfect fit for a Labels One die, as well as the bling stamp from my Border Bling set!

So here I have stamped it it in my black inside the pendant, then mounted it on Black Onyx, embossed with and a Gina K Pure Luxury Blue Raspberry base. Labels One die cut for the sentiment (also from Stately Flowers 2) is on Ocean Mist CS.

How is everyone liking the Spellbinders Hop by the way? My favorite so far is the new Splendid Circles, I'd love to know what yours is!

10 comments:

  1. WOW! I love the blue and how it pops! Thanks for sharing your creation Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a stunner! I've been having trouble commenting but it works a lot better when I log into Blogger with Mozilla Firefox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received my book, A Year of Flowers, and my oh my, it is just splendid and wonderful! There is beauty and creativity for the taking on every page. Several times I said out loud "Oh that is so clever" and my husband finally had to ask me what I was looking at. I would highly recommend this book and the stamp set to anyone who enjoys Melanie's stamping style. You won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card! Love how you are able to show us how to use elements from your other sets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could do a month's worth of projects with this butterfly and I would be happy. Everything you've done with it so far has been fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! That is stunning. The blue just jumps off the black. Gorgeous card, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful! Your butterflies seem to glow! My favorite new die set from the Spellbinders hop so far is also "Splendid Circles" followed by "Persian Accents and Motifs". Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This blue on black butterfly design is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, what an awesome idea and awesome card.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)