Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Blog Candy Winner and a Guest

Good morning! Thank you everyone for entering my "Make a State-ment" blog candy. The winner is:

KonaRose said...

Aloha, Melanie,

I really wish I could understand how your brain works, then copy it! Even a few synapses would make me happy ☺

I love your idea with the butterflies, and esp the 2nd card because of the diamonds in the center - they're pronounced and you can see all of the butterflies, too.

Congratulations again to you, to Louise for winning your candy, and I posted a link to your tutorial over on my blog. Continued success and blessings,

Rosy


Congrats, Rosy! Please send me your snail addy and I will pop the set in the mail to you!


Today I have a couple more "Make a State-ment" cards from Libby Hickson. She used the map in two clever ways. The first she stamped it on thin cork and die cut it with a Nestabilities. I like that choice of material for the map since it reminds you of a big bulletin board! She lightly colored over the states and paper-pieced Georgia and added the heart. The handwritten word (if you have nice handwriting like Libby!) is such a sweet personal touch. :)

The next one you see all the states colored with different markers, but no outline. How did she do that? At first I was thinking Versamark, but no, she used a light box to fill it in! Isn't that cute?

This is a great way to match some DP or approach a color challenge by just taking 3-4 colors and then filling in your map, hopping around as you go so you don't have any of the same colors touching.

Please visit Libby today and leave her some love! Libby moved recently, so you could call her a transplant, I hope she's having lots of fun sending cards like these to her old peeps here in Texas and getting settled into her "new" home state!

Thanks for visiting! Coming up a "Stately Flowers 2" tutorial and another way to use the "Make a State-ment" butterfly, this is one of my favorite cards I think I've made in a long time! Also another sample and Q&A from Patti Gilliam, stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. What a great card and image especially for our family who live all over the USA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are awesome! I absolutely LOVE maps! This is the stamp set for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I love Libby's cards, they are so creative and cute!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)