Thursday, January 26, 2012

Week 4 with Patti

Thanks for stopping by today, are you ready for more beautiful stately projects from Patti Gilliam? On this sample, Patti chose to use just the single blossom from the hawthorn in "Stately Flowers 2" to create a pretty border along the top, popping each one up so they stand out like embellishment, isn't that sweet?
(By the way, I hope you like these single elements in the flower sets as much as I do! I love the versatility they add for stamping coordinating backgrounds or how much easier it makes to pop up single flowers where you want them over a cluster of hawthorn, rather than having to stamp the whole image out several times!) I think adding a scored background with the tiny black dots is just a brilliant way to coordinate with the little black stamens in the flowers' middles! It appears she also used the Copic she used on the flowers to add some custom color to the bakers twine to match (I could be wrong, though, you'll have to ask Patti to be sure!) :)

Last I want to point out how nice the pink decorative border inside is, not only for the design but for staging purposes! It looks so beautiful the way the pink at the bottom inside balances the pink on top in this photo.

She has another project on her blog along with step by step tutorial pics, so please check it out and leave her some love. Thank you again, Patti, for being my guest designer this month! You rock!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Melanie! Your stamps are wonderful to work with. They stamp beautifully, they clean up beautifully, and they are so versatile! (Not to mention just plain fun!) I've had a great time this month - thanks for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card from Patti!! Love the soft colours & the gorgeous design. Love this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yipes, I still have Patti's post from last week showing on my sidebar. I had no idea all this was going on over here. I am now caught up and so happy for all this gorgeous inspiration! Keep em coming, Patti!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect
    I need to make a give away card this weekend, and looks like this will be it!
    Pretty and simple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Melanie - I just received a GinaK order with your book in it!! So am laying in bed soaking the pictures in and reading all you wrote! Can't wait to begin creating 'with' you. and Patti's card is so delicate, soft and gentle - thank you for providing more ideas for us! Looking forward to Tuesday!
    With best wishes, Rosy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww gee, Patti, I said to keep em coming, but alas, this was you fourth week! That went way to fast! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)