Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Why Digital?


Good morning! Wanted to give everyone a heads up that a digital copy of the "A Year of Flowers" book is now available for purchase on the Annie's Attic website. This means no shipping costs (woo hoo!) and you can start enjoying it immediately. When I first learned this would be available in a digital version, I knew it would be a great alternative for people who prefer paperless and enjoy doing their reading on the computer. However, one advantage I had not considered came last week from a reader Glenda on my blog, and I just had to share it with you:

"I have lost most of my vision since I started stamping over 20 years ago and having the book on my computer and being able to enlarge the words and pictures is just a BLESSING! Have all this stuff, can't let it go to waste - LOL! A Year Of Flowers was one of the first sets I ever bought from Gina K Designs and I got the frame and Christmas frame (Festive Frame). I was so happy to see you included your terrific tole technique on the roses in case anyone missed it on your blog. That was the BEST ever tip! I offered to make a wedding card for a couple my husband worked with and I knew all the people from work invited to the wedding by name only. I never had to move from my chair! Everyone came and found me, introduced themselves and thanked me for making such a gorgeous card. I even used vellum. I told them I had a great teacher on this one! Thanks so much and congratulations on your book."

Well, I was so happy to hear that! I'm sure if I stamped with someone who had vision loss it would have occurred to me how helpful being able to zoom in on words, cards, and the step by step photos would be! I thought it was worth passing on for you to recommend digital downloads to those you know who don't craft or perhaps have stopped crafting or pass up instructional books because it is just too difficult to read print copies. When I reviewed the first draft of the book for corrections several months ago, it was by pdf from my editor, and I have to say that was terrific being able to look at it on my large computer screen as a two page spread spread! Of course I didn't need to use it to make any cards at that point (hee hee!) but it would have been so handy to refer to that way, flat and right in front of me, but OFF my workspace as I worked. Thanks again, Glenda, for your terrific feedback; I learned something and I am so happy to know you are successfully recreating designs from the book and getting lots of compliments on your work!

I love hearing from you all if you have questions, comments or a stamping story to tell. :) My email is on my sidebar. I do write back! I am so enjoying the messages I have been receiving from you each day and getting to share in your excitement whether it's that you placed an order, your nook arrived (eek!), or that you are loving the samples and getting started! it is alsways wonderful to see your cards using my images in online galleries, but I know a lot of you don't post so I am just so delighted to read that people are using the stamps and tips and benefiting from the work I've put in to my tutorials. THANKS!

Fun book blog hop coming soon with our Gina K Designs team and Gina's video! (getting to see her going through it with her own to hands will just be such a joy for me, like we are getting to look through it together.) :) I will be giving away some of the original samples I created for the book, and am working on some additional resources for those of you who buy the book that I think you'll really enjoy) so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)