Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Stately Flowers 2... Visiting Alabama!

Good morning, everyone! Today I have a "Stately Flowers 2" sample from one of my favorite stampers who always works wonders with florals, and who also just happens to have recently been transplanted to Alabama...Carla Suto! of course, I had to ask her if she would share some inspiration using their gorgeous Camellia (which I learned during our blog hops only very recently became their state flower!) I'm thankful it is because it is one of my favorites I've done for the series and it would have been a shame not to be able to include one, the many petals and terrific radial symmetry just take my breath away!

Carla really pumped up the volume today, no?! If you have the time for the masking or cutting (which she did here), depending on what you like to do, you can create really spectacular arrangements with the large and small version of the camellia image. Aren't these stunning in red? In addition to the terrific composition and coloring, I also especially love how the die cut behind it reveals those little diamond windows of red, don't like they look like scattered petals? (Whether that was intentional or not, that's what I get and I think it's just fabulous!) :) I also really like how she did the sentiment, "Hello from" is from the "Make a Statement" set.

Carla used Pure Luxury Lipstick Red and White cardstocks as well as a die from Marianne Designs, Designable Folder, DS0912, which I must say is pretty magnificent with these flowers!

Please be sure to visit Carla and leave her some love! Any other friends from Alabama today out there?) ;) Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Carla is amazing - I love seeing her beautiful creations. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Carla! Thanks for sharing this Melanie!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)