Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More Goldenrod Goodness

Hello! Today I have another lovely "Stately Flowers 2" card to share from Carla Suto.

I love the embossed frame she added (which I'd never seen before and just think it's fabulous!) around the stamped flower and the layers of yellow and apple green beneath. Isn't this combo with white so fresh and uplifting? Notice how her design makes your eye travel in a "Z" from top to bottom, the butterfly (from the coordinating "Make a Statement", looks like it is just stamped on that same yellow cardstock, easy peasy!), to the flower, down to the embossed flourish and bow and finally the greeting. Just a terrific layout and choice of the details! Sentiment is from my "Arranged with Love" set. We've seen three different samples this past week using the goldenrod from this set from me, Patti, and Carla, and the background and the image is SO different for each: sponging, overbook print, and now just some gorgeous white space, love it! There are so many fun ways to show off your focal point by adding to make it pop or going more minimal to let it take center stage. :) Gosh, don't ya just love stamping? (sigh!)

Be sure to leave Carla some love today! Thanks Carla for another stately beauty!

So excited, the books arrived at Gina's store, you can now purchase my "
A Year of Flowers" book on the Gina K Designs site, I know a lot of you were waiting for that! Remember shipping in the US is free when you place an order of $50 or more!

BTW, amid all this Spellbinders Frenzy and new product goodness, did you see they are selling some great Spellbinders die sets on Blitsy today?? I just checked a few off my wishlist with these deals! :) (Now I've made a little room for all the news ones I want that are coming out!) ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carla did a wonderful job on this card today! Love the layering, texture, colors & coloring!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)