Thursday, January 5, 2012

Guest Designer: Patti Gilliam

Good morning! Today I have a new guest designer to introduce to you, you may already be familiar with her from the sweet comments she leaves visiting blogs, her published work, or her marvelous designs on StampTV and other online galleries: Patti Gilliam! This month I've asked Patti, who lives in Missouri, to create some special samples with my new "Stately Flowers 2" set. She's starting with the Hawthorn, her state flower.
I love these pale greens she used in her designs and that barely there eggshell yellow for the flowers. (I'm guessing Copic Mignonette?) The addition of the popped up blooms over the cluster give it such pretty dimension and the delicate hand-drawn border around the die cut is such a nice detail.
This floral frames so beautifully in a circle and I love how she chose to use this unusual fold to reveal a second a circle on the inside! The loop border and pearl design all work so well, like climbing, rambling vines. I love how she continued the pattern of the border and DP into the card to make that space she created go on and on.

Please be sure to go leave Patti some love on her blog "Cherish Each Precious Day" and check for the complete list of materials to create this card. I'll have another guest spot with Patti next week, plus a Q&A so we can all learn a little more about this talented lady! :)

Thanks for visiting! :)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card by Patti. Congratulations Patti!
    I love the colors and the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, Patti did an excellent job using the hawthorn stamp. Gorgeous coloring and her little details are exquisite. Love her fold revealing that second circle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific job! I love that Hawthorne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melanie - thanks so much for your beautiful description of my card! It was so much fun creating with your stamps! The Copic marker used on the flower petals is YR30 Macadamia Nut. I use that one a lot-love the barely there look. Thanks again! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulation Patti!!! And another one of your masterpiece.....awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card, love the fold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome card! I love the fold and the delicate coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that fold!! Fabulous card overall.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)