Sunday, January 1, 2012

My BOOK: "A Year of Flowers"!

Good morning and HAPPY NEW YEAR! I'd originally planned to wait just a bit longer to tell you my news, but since I am starting to find this info is out there, and the new year is all about new beginnings and chapters in our lives....I decided today would be the day I should tell all of you friends here on my blog about my newest venture, something that has been in the works of over a year, and is now finally here... my first book,"A Year of Flowers" has just been published. Squeal!! I'm an author (lifelong dream come true), hip hip hurray, praise the Lord!
With this book, you can create 36 lovely handcrafted cards for all occasions, organized by month and holiday! Enjoy a year's worth of beautiful card designs that demonstrate popular stamping techniques. All projects will use "A Year of Flowers" stamp set as a starting point, but with different techniques and layouts, clean and simple to more complicated ones, whimsical to vintage. Detailed, step-by-step instructions and photos make it easy for crafters of all experience levels to enjoy making stylish, handmade cards using a variety of unique color palettes and sketches. With the built-in perpetual calendar, A Year of Flowers will not only allow you to grow and perfect your card-making skills over the course of the year, you can sit down, plan, create, and get cards out on time!

$14.95
64 pages

The "A Year of Flowers" stamp set is not required to follow the tutorials, you can of course use any other florals (or even my coordinating sets or the flowers from the new "Stately" series!) to recreate the cards or use other images with the techniques! But, if you DO have the set, you can copy EVERY design in the book! This one-of-a-kind set has flowers for every season and will take you through the whole year. :)

I have so much more I want to tell you about the book itself and how it came to be (what a story!), but I will reveal all that in some upcoming posts so this does not become the longest one in the world! I have to say thank you today to all of you who have offered me so much encouragement and support these past four years, reading my blog and enjoying my sets, especially all the love you've had for "A Year of Flowers" stamps, which inspired me to write this book!

I do also want to share now that one of the sweetest moments of this journey is receiving a surprise message just this week from the very first person (that I know of) who bought it, Christine Monzingo (think she was online shopping for something else and just happened to find a rogue copy that got listed early, LOL!) Christine is a StampTV member, whom I did actually have the pleasure of meeting one time at a luncheon over a year ago, but she is not a close friend or relative, I promise!) She gave me permission to share it here with you.

"Melanie,

I love the book. It is gorgeous, clear, inspiring, and joyful. Thank you.

Please do many more!"

Well! That is everything I hoped it would be as I worked on it, I was just elated to read how much she is enjoying it! I pray that those of you who buy it and support feel similarly! (Oh, and Christine, on that last line, from your lips to God's ears!! :) I hope there are, too, it is my plan if it is God's will!)

I have to give a shout out to the whole team at DRG who did such an amazing job on the back end with all the staging, graphic design, photography, etc. Everyone who has seen the book so far agrees how terrific it all looks! Now, this is biased of course, but as I created all the designs, my friends who are local and knew I was working on it, all kept echoing ,"These are the prettiest cards you have EVER made!" Honestly, I think so, too, with my favorite stamp set, and so greatly motivated to share with you the very best ideas I had in mind for it! I hope you love them and they inspire countless more cards and projects!


Now my understanding was that it would not be available for purchase until January 6th, but I already see it listed on the Annie's Attic site, so go ahead and try to order it now if you'd like! There are more peeks of projects on that page, as well the ability to "like it" on Facebook (I would SO appreciate your helping me spread the word!), and even buy the "A Year of Flowers" stamps there, too! :) Of course, the stamps are always available at Gina K Designs! :) The book will be available at several other stores (Archiver's!! eek!) and online sites soon, but for now, this is where to go!:)

Thanks for reading! (Were you surprised?) More to come! Again, happy new year!

45 comments:

  1. Awesome news!!! Congratulations! From the front cover, it looks to be a beautiful book full of inspiring cards! Good for you! I hope you find much success in your authoring venture! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING news! CONGRATULATIONS...I was hoping that you were announcing that you were moving to San Jose, CA (where I live) LOL! I will definately be buying on the 6th. I am soooo EXCITED, I know an author LOL! I love to namedrop so I will be dropping yours a lot LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you keep that secret, I would have told the world by now.....the book looks really great too, I am soooo proud of you! Actually I should probably say I am so in awe of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo VERY happy for you!! You know I'm a HUGE fan forever!! You deserve all this and more. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Mel!! What an honor. I'm so happy for you. Have a wonderful 2012!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!!! Love your blog and have several sets of your stamps....keep up the good work and enjoy your blessing of success!
    Paper Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. what wonderful news! congratulations!
    a terrific way to start a new year!
    sandyh

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what joyful news! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just ordered your book. Already have the stamp set. Cannot wait to get the book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! Happy New Year!!! What a way to start 2012. I so look forward to getting the book and the stamp set. I have numerous sets of yours but not that one. I so enjoy how very diligent you are with your sharing of how you do your beautiful cards. I personally thank you for that and I am sure that each person does as well.
    Off to order the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so happy for your Melanie. CONGRATULATIONS Dreams do come true. I just ordered your book and can hardly wait for it to arrive. This will be a great addition to go along with all your "Year of Flowers" stamp sets that I have. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! Congrats, Mel!!! That's exciting news!!!!!! I can't wait to see a copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations--what awesome news!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS, Melanie!!! I'm so excited for you! What an accomplishment!!! I'm off to Annie's to order!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Melanie, that is such exciting news! I can't wait to see it.Your work is so awesome and inspiring. I can already see a State-ly Flowers book on the horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mel, Congratulations! How exciting! I just purchased your book from Annie's Attic and it should be on its way tomorrow! I can't wait. I love your stamps, I love the art that you make with them, so I know your book will be inspiring! Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Melanie! Congratulations!!!! Hope that this is the first of many! I can see a whole series of books in your future!!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Melanie- This is such exciting news!!! This stamp set is one of my all time faves- absolutely perfect for every occasion!!! I am so happy for you, and for all of us too! Congratulations! I will be spreading the news!!! Squealing with joy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Melanie, so proud of you and all you have accomplished. Always knew you had it in you! :) You are such an inspiration, your new book is fabulous! It's wonderful that you are sharing your gifts with others. Wishing you great success with your new book, and believing in your future. Keep it going! I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is awesome, Melanie! Huge congratulations on this wonderful accomplishment! I can't wait to see the book and all your inspiring ideas! A Year of Flowers was my first GKD set and you know how much I love it and all your flower sets! Wishing you great success with this new direction and hopefully we will see even more books in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!!!! How exciting to see your name on the front cover of a book. I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations! It couldn't have happened to a nicer or more creative person. You are always an inspiration both in crafting and in life. Looking forward to additional published works in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What exciting news and such a fabulous way to start the New Year! A Year of Flowers is my all time fave and I think it was my first GKD stamp. Congratulations on your achievement. Will be shopping for a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations on the publishing of your book. Can't wait to look inside.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh! So excited for you Melanie!! A BIG GIANT CONGRATULATIONS!! You must be busting at the seems with pride! Praise the good Lord for giving you the Love & Inspiration for this HUGE project!!! I am so in love with your artwork and the Good Lord has enabled me to be able to finally have some of my own and bought my first sets of yours just a month ago...Tech Talk, The best things in Life and hip hop accesories! Woohoo for you darlin!!! I too am excited for you....can you tell...LOL!!! And can't wait to get my copy! Thank you for all of your beautiful creations and may God Bless you "In Jesus name", with tons more amazing creative venues!! Big Hugs Lori Reinholz

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome girl!!! What a great accomplishment for you...don't forget how hard you work at this craft. You are a master!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hurray!!!! Melanie, I just LOVE your 'Year of Flowers' stamp set. It is my go-to set for SO many cards. I have loved all the designs I have seen Gina and others make with it. Now to order the book:) God bless and I am sure he will offer you time to create more....:) Your stamps are GORGEOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW Melanie! What wonderful and exciting news! Huge congratulations! I will HAVE to order this book! HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. CONGRATULATIONS, Melanie!!! How exciting! As soon as I recover from my holiday expenditures, I'll be trolling for your book. I've learned SO much just from your descriptions of your process in making single cards. Knowing there's a whole book of inspiration from you makes me want to break into a happy dance! What a blessing from heaven! I pray your sales go through the roof!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy New Year Melanie and congratulations on youe 1st book! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations! What an awesome way to start out the new year!! Good for you (and us!!) WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a perfect way to kick off the New Year! Huge congrats to you, seriously over the moon excited and can't wait to check it out! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. YAY MELANIE!!!!! I don't know if I'm more excited about you getting thus published or me being able to go buy it!! :)
    Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Jumping up and down with joy for you my talented friend!!!! You deserve this very special and amazing honor....you are fabulous!!! I can't wait to get my copy and get an autograph too!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations Melanie! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of your first book. Many more to come, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congratulations, Melanie!! I am so thrilled for you!! Hugs♥

    ReplyDelete
  38. CONGRATULATIONS!! You must be on Cloud 9!!! Looks like a beautiful publication! You sure are the Flower-Go-To-Gal! Celebrating your JOY!!! (just remember, we knew you when!) :P

    ReplyDelete
  39. That is WONDERFUL news! So happy for you and your success!! HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Omigosh, Melanie! How exciting to read that you're published! A Year of Flowers remains one of my all-time favorite stamp sets. I use it often. I love that you chose the name of that stamp set for your book. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)