Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Fairest Flower


Carolyn needs no help from me selling her newest set,"Framed Flowers" because she makes some of THE prettiest floral cards I know of, but I gotta try and do my girl justice because she's always there for me! I love how easy these are make for making quick, elegant cards, and the extra smaller individual flowers and leaf are great for backgrounds or anywhere you need to add a little something! This card took five minutes and was inspired by one of the first cards of Carolyn's I ever saw, a stunning back and white floral background with her monogram in the middle. This paper is from the DCVW All Dressed Up glitter stack(and is black and ivory), I knew right away it would be perfect with these delicate flowers. I inked up just the "friend" from one of her greetings in the set and added stickles to the center of my flowers. I notched a place on my focal point mats for the ribbon to peek out from under and added a few adhesive rhinestones to the corner. Now I can pull this card out of my basket for any lady, any time!

15 comments:

  1. So stunning!!! Love what you did with this set and totally agree with you that Carolyn does make some of the prettiest floral cards!

    Love the dp you used...I have the same pack and it's sooo pretty. TFS such a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love this beautiful elegant card :)! LOVE the flower paper and stamp that you used :)!

    Hugs,
    catherine
    www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, elegant card. And quick and easy to make, you say? That's my kind of card! I need a whole BUNCH liek that for emergency card giving occasions! LoL!

    Thanks for sharing, Melanie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty. Very sophisticated and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the elegant simplicity of this card! :-) I just love patterned paper...
    And you so crack me up with your basket full of cards! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is very classy and elegant, love the black and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jeeperz Melanie!!! Wow!! What a stunner in the elegant black and white!! And with the dp with a little BLING!!! Ohhhhh.......LOVE it!!! I'm enjoying this set too......all of you are so wonderfully talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! And I just got an idea of what to do with some white paper I have that has black flocked floral design on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is so striking and beautiful!! I love your added Stickles!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super gorgeous!!! I love that set!

    ReplyDelete
  11. simple and beautiful. This is my style of card. Where did you get the designer paper?

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful card, Melanie! So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I {heart} black and white cards. Now matter what the image they always look so elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a simple and stunning card!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. a stunner girl! I am totally flattered by your post (although I really stink at floral cards!)
    I love what you did with his. Hugs, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)