Friday, March 21, 2008

Here Comes the Bride

Here is a little wedding tin I created with a friend in mind who's getting married. I can fill it with few wedding day necessities, a lucky penny, something old, something new, blah blah, needle and thread, mints! and a folded tissue or special hanky for tears (although she's NOT a cryer, like ME! I cry at EVERYBODY'S weddings! Even husband's coworkers whom I haven't met, a union is just so beautiful!!) and some well wishes...

The bow is loosely knotted for easy access to the tin's contents. I used a value pack piece of DP that had these congrats written all over it, stamped the narrowest border label on it, and colored in the border with my SU! Real Red marker. I stamped the rose from Spring Blooms on the DP and then another one of white CS and colored(withe the aforementioned marker and Gable Green), so I could piece the rest onto the DP, but not have to cut around the narrow stem. The "friend" is from Carolyn's set, stamped on a tiny Cuttlebug tag. I added some stickles to the rose and leaves and some adhesive rhinestones over the tag holes.
Have a good FRIDAY! :)

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Melanie! I can't wait to get my stamps in the mail!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so pretty & very practical, I bet the bride to be will be delighted to have it-very thoughtful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beeeeeeeautiful!!! I just knew you had (and have!) so many more fantastic ideas!!! I love this one!!! I love all of them!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable gift!!! It's gorgeous Melanie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is another fantastic idea....and so pretty, Melanie!! I love it!!

    Happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Could even do one as a survival kit for a bride too! The number of ideas you manage to come up with for these tins is just astounding and inspiring! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW clever--the perfect size for a bride to tuck away! Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful keepsake, Melanie! You are so thoughtful. What a fantastic idea. The colors are gorgeous. The rose just pops off against the black. Lovely work, as always! ~ Jane

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)