Sunday, March 2, 2008

Vintage Bunny

The inspiration for this card was this beautiful piece of DP, which looks like real fabric. I stamped my bunny on it, cut and then mounted on my nestabilities mats. I trimmed a little flower out of the paper , made a little stitched outline on it (by just making a dotted line following it shapes and stuck it in his hand. Then I was a little stuck, none of my other bling I had on hand or tags were really working out, but then I remembered this new chocolate gingham I found on sale at Hobby Lobby (5 yards for $1) When I have the right occasion, I'll add a tiny white tag with a suitable sentiment. Very simple, but sweet I think!

12 comments:

Carol said...

very sweet, yes! very cute too :) TFS another hoppy card. I just can't get enough of this stamp set:)

Abby said...

I love that technique! Your animals - all of them, are simply darling. Can't wait to see what you'll do next!

Heidi said...

I love this really pretty card! The ribbon looks terrific with the dp and bunny. Too cute!

Jana M in Kodiak, AK said...

This card is so pretty! You really inspire me, Melanie!

Lee said...

Yes, so sweet stamped on that fabulous dp!! The chocolatey ribbon is a perfect touch!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

This is VERY sweet! I love the little flowers on his belly!

Carolyn King said...

love that vintage bunny---too adorable!!

Donna said...

love your vintage bunny! that ribbon looks great & love your handmade flower

JenMarie said...

Aw, Love Love Love this!!! So sweet!

Angela O. said...

i like the vintage bunny - that is really cute.

Stampmouse said...

adorable

dpkennedy said...

This is just the sweetest! I love how the bunny matches the dp bg! Fabulous!