Friday, January 30, 2009

Guest Designer: Allison Cope

Ally went so crazy to town with my set last month, I still haven't even shared all her amazing creations! So expect some more Valentine's inspiration from her over the next week! :)

Here's what Ally has to say about this today's card:
"I loved the phrase "Hand in hand, heart to heart" that Melanie had added to the "Hand-in-Hand" set and knew that I wanted to use the phrase using hearts. So I came up with this really simple card. I die cut my label shape and then cut the heart shape out of it's center. I stamped the sentiment on some vellum paper and adhered it to the back of the label and peeking out of the heart opening. On a scrap piece of white cardstock I stamped the two hands holding one another and coloured them in quite dark so they would show through the vellum. I centered and adhered the hands behind the heart opening and the created a hand-cut scalloped border for the label using my deco scalloped scissors. "
Supplies:Stamps: Gina K. Designs (Hand-in-Hand)
Papers: Upsy Daisy Designs
Cardstock: Bazzill Swiss Dot, Bazzill
Tools: Fiskars deco scissors, Spellbinder's Nestabilities
Inks: Ranger, CopicsOther: ribbon, thread
Thank you Ally, the quote over heart hands this way just gvies me warm fuzzies!

6 comments:

  1. Very nice. The hands showing through the vellum really make the card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! a really stunning card. I love the colour and the design is amazing.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh the vellum does so add an elegance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the non-traditional colours that Allison used for the valentine.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. really nice love the design
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous project by Ally! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)