Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sentiment Challenge Winner!

Congratulations to Shannon Bracken, winner of my Sentiment Challenge, she created these two elegant samples using my "Say it With Flowers" set...the first uses Basic Grey Sugared and some layered Primas...

and this one Basic Grey Sultry! They're just so simple and elegant, worthy of framing!

And THEN , she got inspired by my last few posts and created this TRIFOLD inspired by my rose cutaway card AND my peekaboo from my tulip card!!


I'm drooling, are you??!!!


I just love these colors and this interpretation! Click for a closeup and you'll see how easily you can create her beautiful coloring on those daylilies and be sure to check out her blog!

I read a lot of you said you were going to go try to recreate those cards BTW, anybody else want to share their version? Please link it here so we can see! :)

Shannon will be one of my guest designers for my next release and I just know she's gonna rock it! Thank you everyone who took my challenge!
Copics winner posted in the AM!

23 comments:

  1. Wowzers! Non-traditional cutout lillies make a fresh greeting and subtle elegant aura.
    Keep Looking Up! mt23stamper

    ReplyDelete
  2. these cards are so pretty
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them all! I especially like that cutout design. I have got to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea!!! I can hardly believe it!!!! Thank you Melanie for all your sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, Shannon. I love them all. The day lilies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness! Her work is absolutely gorgeous! I am going to have to go check out her blog now. She's got one, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Shannon, your lilies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so pretty. She did a fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are just beautiful. I havent started making cards yet but there are so many wonderful ideas here.
    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations. Eventually I will submit my version but I have to receive the stamps first :o) I was so inspired that I ordered them... Gina rocks giving us that $10 coupon..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty cards. I like thecolor combination on thefirst two cards. The lilly card is very classy.

    Someones Friday is going to be a great start for the week end. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What Beautiful Cards...
    You definitely picked a Winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous...the cut out is wonderful!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw those sentiment cards on SCS and thought they were just amazing! What a talented woman!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!!! Soooo fabulous!!! What a wonderful Guest Designer she'll be! I can't wait to see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow...this is really pretty. Maybe I'll try it out but since I don't have copics I'll try using ordinary markers. But I'm sure I need to do a lot to be THAT good!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW WOW WOW - Between Melanie and Shannon I am blown away - can't wait to get home to my STUFF to start trying. Love all the ideas from Shannon.

    I really need some copics! :-)
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! These are simply stunning! I especially love the mother's day card. Congratulation Shannon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats Shannon - all these cards are beautiful! Ooo, and lucky you to be a guest designer for Mel's next release! I would LOVE to be a guest designer, as I know many, many of us would! Too fun!

    Melanie - thanks for all these fun opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cards look great. Can you give me a good place to purchase copic markers. I can only afford to start with a few. Do you have any suggestions as to what colors tostart with?
    Thanks
    Roxie
    maegrn@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. eat cards and greater ideas and even greater colros!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)