Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Where Are They Now? Linsey Rickett

I wanted to take some time today to focus on my very first contest winner EVER, Linsey Rickett! You all know Linsey, right?? One year ago she made a so very hippy lamp that got my attention, she'd only been stamping a couple months at the time, and then just began designing left and right for just about everyoen out there! I am just so proud of ehr!
Alas, she has no camera right now to share one of her marvelous creations(and I believe this story because she hasn't posted any pics on her blog in awhile LOL!!) ;), so I had to go lift a couple of my fave projects of hers with my sets to share here today(had a lot of great samples to choose from!, it all worked out!!! :) They are from several months back so this may be your first time to see them, if I not, I knwo you'll enjoy them just as much this second time around!
HUNDREDS of you have been asking for an "animal fix", so here are some until I can get some new ones done tonight! Thanks Linsey!!
Here is a little more about her:
Linsey's favorite:
Technique: embossing
Colors/color combo: pink, chocolate, red & white
Type of project to make that’s not a card?: treat holders!
Gina K set by Melanie: not fair! Impossible to answer because I adore and obsess over EVERY ONE!
Gina K sets (from any illustrator): Again, I love them all so very much, it's impossible to choose! Rupa, Asela, Gina, Alicia, Carolyn and Melanie each have such very special styles and that's what makes Gina K. Designs so tremendously awesome!!
Craft supplies I can’t live without: Copics!, stickles, K and Co. self-adhesive rhinestones, all my inks! {{Oh I wuv them so}}, Scor-Pal, Ribbon
I've been stamping for (how long): 15 months
I get my inspiration from: my inspiration comes from endless people and places! Splitcoast ofcourse! and PaperCraft Planet--not to mention the countless blogs I visit daily of this amazing community of artists, illustrators and crafters!
The most important things I’ve learned about stamping/cardmaking/scrapbooking are: that some of the most wonderfully divine people in the world are stampers, cardmakers and scrapbookers! I would never have developed the awesome friendships that I have over the past 15 months had it not been for this hobby. It has truly enriched my life and I am so grateful for it all
Some of my stamping/crafting goals are:
to continue to grow as an artist, perhaps try my hand at illustrating (totally dreaming there, I know!)--build on the wonderful friendships that I've been blessed to have through stamping--work hard for the design teams I am on and try to make them and myself proud each day :)
Some of my stamping/crafting accomplishments are: The friendships I've developed are truly what I consider to be my best accomplishments :) I would never have had the courage to apply for design teams, enter contests, submit for publishing or create a blog had it not been for the constant support and encouragement of others! I have been Past Guest Designer for Gina K. Designs,Guest Instructor for Scor-Pal,January 2009 Ambassador for My Favorite Things, and am currently designing for: Clear Artistic Stamps, Clear Dollar Stamps and Unity Stamp Co.Publishings: Vamp Stamp News. Thank you! I'm so blessed! :)
Please scroll down to this post if you have not yet left a comment for the Copic giveaway,you won't want to miss this tutorial and the prize is open to everyone who subscribes or reads my blog through Google or another reader, it only take a minute to sign up just go ot my sidevbar and schoose yyour preferred method, so go do it now, before you forget! :)
Winner of the 'Hand-in-Hand" set from yesterday will be announced later this evening! It was just wonderful reading all your stories, thank so much for sharing them with me! I still need to post my contest I mentioned, soon, I promise!!!

22 comments:

  1. Wonder how I missed these!?
    So cute, and creative, Linsey.
    Can't wait to get an animal fix, Mel, all of your sets are so darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your enthusiasm is contageous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super - I'm still loving my set that I bought from Gina K - with the giraffee and the hippo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linsey ROCKS! I just love her creative style and look forward to each of your projects daily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so cute. I love how popular the animals have become. I think that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the use of the animal and tee shirt sets together. Absolutely fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so cool! I love the shading and the colors and tulips are one of my favorite flowers too! You did a great job and I can't wait to try this with a rose. You are awesome! Renee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could never get enough of Linsey's sweet animal creations! she is a gem - I can vouch for her lack of camera since we emailed a few days ago

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Linsey's work and consider her one of my best blogging buddies! I am actually a proud owner of a couple "Linsey Originals" that she has sent me! I love your stuff Linsey!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These t-shirts are so darling...ok - next order in my head - framed, t-shirts, and animals....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yaaay Lins!!! I just love seeing her creations over and over!!!! She is so very talented and sweet and inspiring for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linsey, Another talented lady who is fairly new to stamping. Your work is inspiring. I will look forward to seeing more of your art work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the t-shirt cards, great idea! I really like the animal tags used in the candy pots, very unique, great gift idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE Lins' creations! All of her altered projects just blow me away! I remember these, sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an inspiration for the tee shirts! I love when a designer combines sets...so so darling! Great job, Linsey ;)
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love those little tees, very creative. Thanks for reminding me to think outside of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a great idea to combine the stamp sets like that. Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh boy, do you know how to make a girl feel special!! It has been a great priveledge and honor to be noted here on your blog, Mel--as you are one my special mentors and the first person to ever reward and aknowledge me with a contest win, which I will never ever forget!! Thank you to everyone who has left such wonderful comments today. You are all the true inspiration and I'm so blessed to have such amazing friends within this community. My heart is happy, thank you all so much! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the animal T-shirt cards. Are those stamps still available? I would love to purchase them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for haveing a give away.In todays economy a gift is allways appreciated. Please enter me in that giveaway.
    God Bless
    Luanne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Copics tutorial in animal furriffic angular strokes and the lightest color in small circles to blend darker shades makes a hit here.
    Thank you. mt23stamper

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)