Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sneak Peeks Day 1: "The Best Things in Life" and "Perfectly Polished"


This month I am offering you a "greeting" set like no other : "The Best Things in Life"! (When I called Gina a few months ago to tell her about it, the first thing I said was the title and she replied "oooh, I love it already!" LOL!!!) In it you will find 39 coordinating stamps that will help you celebrate all the things YOU love in life: happy, silly, and sentimental, all in one set, suitable for any occasion! Expect a LONG tip sheet with this one that will still only scratch the surface of combinations you can create, too many to number! These large scale words are PERFECT titles for scrapbook layouts of any size(I thought long and hard about scrapbookers' needs when I created this set!), as well as being just what you need when you want the focus of your card to be a sentiment, when you need to make something quick and only have time for a greeting and your favorite designer paper, or to compliment any of your favorite stamp images (and, as you might expect, there are a TON of Gina K ones that go quite nicely!);)
The mixed fonts in this set create a fresh and fun look that will work with any designs you choose! Today I made a simple card using just three of the stamps from the set, "the best things in life" is one you can build on in many ways (you'll see more in our peeks and at our party!) I was able to line up all three at one time on my round acrylic block so I only had to stamp once, coloring directly onto the stamps with my SU! markers (Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose and Rose red ) to give it this colorful look (and give the words you really wan to accentuate that extra POP!) as well as match the beautiful new Basic Grey Bittersweet paper you can purchase Thursday night in Gina K's store with the rest of our release (oh, yeah, I'll be getting a couple more PACKS of this DP, if I can get my order in fast enough!) I found two beautiful cardstocks from Paper Temptress to compliment these Basic Grey prints : the base is Mountain Rose Glimmer (see how shimmery ??) and the yummy brown paper is Pop Tones Hot Fudge! Some heart Nestabilities, a few charms (from Joann's they came in a pack, average about 20 cents a piece!) I hung from silver brads, and SU! 5/8" grosgrain finish it off! Easy EASY! (I had a hard time deciding what to show today as my other sample is completely different, so please be sure to come check it out at the release party Thursday!

Check out more samples of this set from our Gina K Design team (maybe we'll get some insight as to what each of them consider "the best things in life" LOL!!):
Carolyn King, Donna Baker , Emily Giovanni, Erika Martin, Jessica Fick , Kurtis Amundson, Theresa Momber
and Gina K!

This next card uses Rupa's newest "Perfectly Polished" set, super girly, super fun!

The mirror image in the set really inspired me to try a card where the recipient would be looking back at themselves while reading "You're the fairest of them all!" (how's that for a daily affirmation?!) I found a 24 pack of little round mirrors in the exact sizes I needed for $2.49 at Hobby Lobby(which made them 10 cents each!) This card uses the 1" and 1/2" sizes, adhered with Mono Multi, isn't that fun? (now I can make about 10 more cards like these, hee hee!!)




This was definitely the hardest card I've ever tried to photograph (to really capture the cool reflection and not have something like my camera ofr cuttlebug in the pic LOL!!) I used Brushed Silver for my base and mat, and another fun Bittersweet print! I love how the dots play off those round mirrors! Image is stamped in Memento Tuxedo black, colored with Copics, and a little bit of Copic atyou Spica Silver for more shine. To dress it up a bit more, I punched out some large flourishes and accented them with adhesive metal dots to make it look like a fancy swivel easel, similar to the mirror image.


More peeks of "Perfectly Polished" found here:
Cindy Lawrence
Jessica Fick
Joanne Basile
Kurtis Amundson



and in the Spotlight's Mary Anderson!


and two more new peeks here tomorrow! Like what you see here so far?? Let me know here!! :) (or tell me YOUR "best things in life", betcha I've got you covered, hee hee!) Don't forget you can win this set by donating cards, you have a couple more days, read this!

50 comments:

  1. Lovin' it!!!! Let's see....best things in life....chocolate.... ;-)

    Have a good night!!!! TTYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ooh ooh! I really like it! I'm itching to see more! Great samples too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was up so I just had to come see what you cooked up for us this month. I love it! Cannot wait to see what else is included in the set. That card is truly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always, you blow me away with your creativity! These ROCK! I am so in love with your new set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love "the Fairest of Them All" and the little mirrors. I bought the mirrors ages ago but could never figure out how to use them.

    Besides the kids, husband, family and friends,
    The best things in life is a full sock drawer, a full underwear drawer and bra's that fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I returned to your blog hoping to see more of the Best Things in Life set. :O( Unfair, you're making us wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I think its a definite on both sets. Love your card Mel, definitely creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite is
    "Best Thing in Life" is God.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously - can you be anymore brilliant!!! Love what I've seen so far with your new set...can't wait to get it all inked up!

    Love your samples today and I've already seen one of my favorite things in life - caffeine so happy to see that. Now did cupcakes make the list?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see the rest - hurry up Thursday!!! Love the samples...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love it, you inspire me, and great stamps to, love to have it! hugs,Moni

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! Best thing in life stamping and a chance at some sweet candy. Thanks for a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Totally jaw-dropping cards!
    Gotta have that set. I love that paper too. I'l be watching, ready to pounce! LOL
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mel -

    You've done it again! I love your "Best Things in Life" set. What a fantastic idea.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh my first guess was right about the nail polish!!!! Ohhhh a girlie set with TRULY the best things in life!!!! Awesome sentiment!!!! Ohhhhh do I ever wanna see the whole set!! You totally DID save me one for the night of the release?? ACKK!!!!!! Can't sell out!!!! Oh and soooo perfectly gorgeous with the Bittersweet dp!!! Okay....little mirrors on my shoppng list!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gahhh! You never cease to amaze me too! I LOVE your new set...cant wait to get it! And the little mirrors, too cute! Beautiful cards Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Mel....only you could come with such a wonderful set that can go with all the cute stamps!!!! Girlie for Rupa's or Gina's coffee set.....or so meaningful and special.......ohhh these just are going to be so perfect with every single set I already own!!!!

    Sorry.......had to come back and tell you I finally figured it all out!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow! love your heart card (don't you adore that bittersweet pad?) what a cute idea to put the little mirrors on the images! sweet card - adds a whole new 'dimension' to it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your set and the mirrors are great. I so wish we had a Hobby Lobby by us -- went to one by my mom and after 90 minutes, we hadn't seen anything.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aw, how perfect - both of them!! Love your set, Melanie! Can't wait to see what everyone does with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. great set, can not wait to see the whole thing ...
    Best things in life are kids!
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sounds like Best Things in Life will be a best seller set! Love your mirror card; how cool to use real mirrors.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so clever! Both cards are wonderfully beautiful! I especially like the mirrors... wish we had a Hobby Lobby close to where I live! I can't wait to see the whole set, "The Best Things in Life".

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh wow - those mirrors are perfect! I love the heart card as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am lovin' what I have seen so far of you new stamp set! I love the mirror idea you used with Rupa's new set! Guess where I will be walking to during my lunch hour today-Hobby Lobby!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your card is great. I love the added touch of the mirrors. You are so smart.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm loving this! It's making me want to get my nails back on! Nothing like a good coat of nail polish to lift the spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love the sets and what you did with them very nice
    hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! I love it! I love the new stamp set!!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful sets and great samples! It will be hard to wait till Thursday. I think your set will make me want to scrap again. Best things in life? God, my husband and family!
    Ad K.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm absolutely lovin' it!!! I can't wait to get my hands on your "The Best Things in Life" set. I know it will be fun to make cards with this set but I already have a ton of ideas of scrapbook page layouts with pictures of Miss Jess enjoying her life (along with her brothers, dad, myself and other family & friends). Just because she is very ill doesn't mean she doesn't enjoy her life. And the best things in my life involve my loved ones.

    ps Jess is having a lot of tummy pain so please keep her in your prayers.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  32. awesome girl! love the mirrored reflection. Brilliant! BEautiful heart card too!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love these sets. Your little mirrors are super! I would have enjoyed participating in the valentine cards but unfortunately I just came across all of this today and it is now too late. The only one that is still open is the hand-in-hand offer and I don't own that stamp set:( Maybe next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I can't wait to see your set! I love sentiments!
    THe mirror card is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Absolutly charming ...Melanie ! I expected something unusual, and I was plesantly rewarded. Bravo ! Bravo!
    GramaCat

    ReplyDelete
  36. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the new stamp set, Melanie. Very girly girly! Can't wait to see your other one.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I sooo could have used the title set this weekend. I just made a comment on Gina's blog about how I hate to write in my books but I would love to put little sayings on there.

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE The new set!! Can't wait to get my hands on it and play!

    ReplyDelete
  40. LOVE those cards!!

    One of the best things in my life is the Lord....coffee & chocolate are great too though LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love it??

    YES! Especially using those clever little mirrors! Weren't you so so PSYCHED that they fit so well?! Cool!
    Kim Marie

    ReplyDelete
  42. Melanie I love your new set (as always!!), and you cards are wonderful! I always love Rupa's sets too, your card with her "...Polished" set is stunning!!!!!!!!!! THanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous cards Melanie! The mirror idea is very cool!! And your set rocks! I am a scrapbooker first so this so appeals to me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Fabulous peeks, Melanie!! I love both of your awesome designs, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. How cute are YOU finding the mirrors. So clever! Thirty nine stamps in one set, is that the record for Mel Stamps so far? ;-) You're the greatest.

    Beautiful cards as always Melanie! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow! Girl, these are both just beautiful! Love the mirror and the gorgeous colors you chose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. Can't wait to see the rest Mel. They are just Tooooo Cute...

    ReplyDelete
  48. What an awesome set! I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)