Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cute Copic Cookie

First, here's my favorite "pink" from the Paper Temptress Pop Tones pack: Pink Lemonade, mmmm mmmm! I'm showing a comparison of it to Stampin' Up!'s Pretty in Pink. I suspect this softer pink is similar to SU! Pink Pirouette, but I don't have any to say for sure... I'm using it in today's sample, but I didn't originally intend to...you'll see! :) (we'll see who can wait, and who skips ahead! LOL!)

I started today's card by stamping my sandwich cookie from "Have a Cookie" in Memento Tuxedo Black on Gina K Pure Luxury 80 lb CS. I wanted to use a deep rich brown to match the Hot Fudge paper (see this post) and Copic E49 Dark Bark was just what I needed. I went just around the top left and right and sides of the cookie, these will be my darkest areas.

Next I used Dark Brown for the cookie front and top(color this larger area on top in small circles to keep from getting stroke marks), they blend so easily together. Then I added little dots of the Dark Bark again into each of the little scalloped sections around the rim at the bottom of the top and bottom wafer, makes them looks more rounded (click for closeup) Tip: I accidentally ran into the "filling" in a few places, but dark colors like these blend out surprisingly well when you apply the Colorless Blender Copic over them, so always apply that before scrapping it! If it's still not coming out, try your white opaque Inkssentials pen over the boo-boo. :)

Next I need to add my sentiment. I centered my round acrylic block on top of my image and lined up "You are one CUTE cookie" around it. Doing it this way it you will never have a problem with it being spaced the way you want! :)

I didn't get a pic of it, but I added my little crumbs stamp from the set to the lower right corner, filled in with brown and shadowed the crumbs and the cookie bottom with W-1, you can see it a bit through the block.


Now originally I was going to just keep this card "milk and cookies" brown and white, but since pink and chocolate are my favorite, and I was talking about a CUTE cookie, I decided to make it even cuter!

I added a little pink heart shaped brad to the top of my cookie, centering it in the little flourish on top, and made a "pink" cream filling with Copic R20(I really think Oreos should come this way, don't you?). I made a scalloped 4 inch card with my Nestabilitie from the Pink Lemonade CS. Brown mat is the Hot Fudge, and ribbon, although a perfect match for the pink CS, is from an unidentified source, I'm sorry LOL! It was wrapped around a bath item I got (you save that stuff, too, right?)

The finished card is so girly and sweet enough to eat (this would be a fun and easy card to send out to my "homegirls" for Valenitne's day!), excuse me while I go indulge in a little something myself, this post made me super snacky (and thirsty for some Pink Lemonade)!!

40 comments:

  1. Simply adorable! Love the pink and the little heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so cute! Thanks for sharing!
    -Cher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you prettied it up! LOL..I save that stuff too, sometimes it is the perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE this! It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me you didn't have pink lemonade with oreos! that's just nasty! But your card is so cute, thanks for including the copic #'s, I love pink & brown...as long as it's not pink lemonade & brown cookies! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite color combo. Love your card. I'm going to order this paper because you can never have enough paper, Right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card. Looks good enough to eat.
    JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the sweetness of this! So darling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am waiting for supper to heat and seeing your cute cookie card makes me hungrier. I have to repeat, Supper first, dessert later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would TOTALLY eat a pink stuffed oreo! They make green or orange ones, they should make PINK too! Maybe we can start a petition, LOL! This card would be so fun to bulk creat, and i know a ton of cookie loving ladies that would appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Melanie! How adorable!!! Makes me wanna eat some Oreos, if only I had some!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your very cute cookie card and the coloring tidbits! Thanks for sharing your Inspiration and Art....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card.
    Love that cookie and the colors are so pretty.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is adorable. That cookie looks good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're right... This card looks good enough to eat!!!

    Great job! (Again!) Now where are those cookies I had stashed?...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I really like this cookie! Do I save this stuff?! Have you ever taken the ribbon or twisted handles off gift bags past their prime? How about hang tag ribbons from new clothes? The spare buttons that come with new apparel? My scavenging list goes on and on.LOL!!! Thanks for the adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cookie is awesome, as is your card. I just love it. Thanks for the coloring tips, too. Now where are the cookies when you really want one?

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute! I just love the cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had to laugh I do so save things like that. I think thats when you KNOW you're a stamper/scrapbooker. LOL Super cute yummy card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are rockin with the tutorials, thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  21. How pretty is THIS!!! I could snatch it off the screen and chomp on it!!! LOL
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Darling little cookie card! Love the pink and brown, too!. The little heart brad was a cute add on!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love the heart at the center!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ha!! Glad I'm not the ONLY one who saves ribbons from other things!! Your card made me hungry too! Off to grab some tea and cookies!! Hee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mel -
    Another great card. It looks scrumptious.

    Elaine Allen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your card and the cookie looks good enough to eat. I love the brown & pink combination, infact I love brown colour combinations. Actually I had cookie problems yesterday but of the internet type!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is just tooo cute Melanie! I mean I wanted to bite my computer screen when i saw this cute cookie -!! good thing I didn't because then I wouldn't be able to see the rest of your beautiful blog if I bit the screen :) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your cookie card! <3 It looks good enough to eat! :-)
    And yes I definitely save any little ribbon around whatever I receive or buy, LOL! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is wonderful! An Oreo cookie and its Pink!? The best of both worlds! How devine!! Got Milk???

    ReplyDelete
  30. Ohhhh nothing more perfect than PINK and cookies together!!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)