Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Luxury Chocolate

Turn an ordinary chocolate bar (well, as "ordinary" as chocolate can be, LOL!) into a luxurious gift with some HOT pink designer paper and luxurious ribbon and bling! Here I made a quick wrap for my big Carmello Chocolate bar with a 6x6 piece of Bittersweet Basic Grey paper and my "The Best Things in Life" greetings. (When I was finished, I couldn't help think how easily I could wrap 35 more bars with my pad LOL!) To me, this page in particular had a really magical, "candy vibe" to it!

This pattern definitely had "a middle" with these cool shapes expanding outward, so I really wanted to have my greeting centered on that midpoint. First I placed my 3.5 " round acrylic block on top, see how the cross hairs go right down the center and line up with the pattern horizontally?

Then I added my words. You can line up the bottom of your letters and/or the top with the block lines, sometimes you will have to use both on the same greetings when the size of your fonts are different. TIP: Always do your image placement on top of your DP when you are stamping on DP, it's not just about getting your greetings aligned and centered with the block sometimes, not just for centering like I did here, but you might need to work around a large or dark element in your print pattern that you don't want to cover, or where your word won't show up, KWIM?

Then when you stamp , you'll flip the blockover, lining it up with the pattern the same way you did before. Pretty foolproof!

Then I used my threading water punch down both sides (the little strips left over I'm actually going to save to glue on as a little trim on a card or something later), the scallops make it so much fancier and the silver foil peeping through the punched holes looks like bling all the way around! (I removed the Carmello paper wrap, it was separate, and left the foil in place) I had to take that a step further and add a couple adhesive rhinestones to the "o" centers in chocolate. Ribbon is SU! Chocolate Chip Satin.


And there you have a super inexpensive gift (think teachers and friends) that looks so rich and sophisticated! It's almost too pretty to open (but if someone gave me this bar, I think I would go block out time on my calendar to be alone with it LOL!)


(Around Christmas time I actually saw some large prettily-wrapped (I believe Hershey) bars at a craft fair, they were asking 8 bucks each! I really loved the idea, but ouch, the price! My candy bar was $2 and ribbon and paper were only about about 50 cents! We can do this, ladies!!)

26 comments:

  1. And that luxurious ribbon just is the perfect accent as well. I noticed the edge bling but didn't realize you used the candy bar FOIL. Too cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered that stamp set and just can't wait to get my hands on it. I LOVE IT and your projects are so creative and scream to be cased! Keep 'em coming. Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right, we can do it! And I love "anything" in chocolate! I'm thinking of making these and selling to my husband's male co-workers to give to their wives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!!! Love that paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum!!!!!! I actually did get a candy bar for my birthday...86% cocoa!!!! But the one I got didn't look nearly as pretty as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Terri's idea of selling them to the husbands :) Drat...I was hoping to slow down on my stamp buying and I 'need ' to get this set !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL very yummy looking! Carmello's are my favorite!! I have to say.. keeping those small strips of paper for tags later... LOL Oh gosh! I thought I was nuts with all my scrap keeping!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The best thing in life are covered in chocolate or in your case covering chocolate!
    Hugs
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melanie, your wrapped chocolate is scruptious looking. And I completely cracked up when I read your foot note about blocking time off to be alone with your chocolate bar. Hilarious!!! I'm still giggling. You keep mentioning the round acrylic blocks. I think you really have me sold. My next order from Gina will most likely include them. Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that silver peeking through really does look like bling. When you said that I had to go back and look because I thought you HAD gone to town with the rhinestones! It's a beauty. If your like me and chocolate......you better give it away.....FAST!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is just to cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that idea....I usually make wrappers for the nugget sized chocolates for showers and b'day parties....
    These would be just as adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT, now I need a candy bar...geez!!

    Super pretty and very clever, thanks for sharing Melanie!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM!! Now that is a gift I would love. Thank you for the tip on lining up the sentiment to the paper. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it, the paper and the stamp set are on my I NEED THIS list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your candy bar looks luxurious! Thanks for the tutorial. You used the perfect paper and ribbon for the project.

    I can't wait to order your new stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous and MUCH too nice to open!
    I might have to have a go at these, they look so fabulous in these wrappers.
    Viv xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not sure if this post is a good place to say this, but Melanie, I love your set The Best Things in Life. We used to sing a song 'The Best Things in Life Are Free' that I always liked, but I lost track of how many ways your words could be put together to make some really great variations... I tried all kinds of different combinations. This one must have taken a lot of thought on your part. I like the fonts too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I block out time, daily, for chocolate. ;)

    This is a really neat idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous chocolate wrapper, Melanie!! I love it, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Terrific idea, Melanie! What I really want to know is how you made it without actually eating the candy bar!!! Thanks for sharing your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's a nice article. Everyone should read. Thanks for sharing. For more amazing information you may get from this link
    Luxury Chocolate

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)