Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hooked on a Feeling...

Here's a card with Gina's cuties from "Best Fishes". That juicy little fish pucker was begging to kiss somebody and I realized how funny it would look pressed up to the seahorse, his eyes are about to pop out of his head LOL! I cut a window out of my embossed (Dots and Spots) Berrylicious base (Paper Temptress) with my heart Nestabilities, inside I stamped them on a heart the same size and framed it up with a scalloped heart. I held my classic die in place so I could sponge on some Cool Caribbean ink for water and then colored them both with Copics. I added a little Crystal Lacquer to the lips and eyes and Copics Spica sparkle to their fins. Outside I stuck on some adhesive page pebbles and mirrors to complete the "under the sea" look.

Inside I stamped the bubbles form the set and then drew a little heart bubble above covering them all with Crystal Lacquer. This inside would work just as well as a simpler "outside" of a card.

One element I really like on this card is the little hook going through the heart tag (made with the Marvy punches) with the "hooked on you" greeting (see top pic), that's an earring fishhook you can find in the jewelry section of any craft store, inexpensive fun "fishing bling" to got with your sea stamps (and no sharp tip!) I would have liked to have threaded some fishing line or wire through it and wrap it around the top of the card a few times to complete the design, but didn't have any at the time I needed to photograph the card for our release. (Today I found some plain white thread in my sewing basket that will work just fine) :)
What are YOU hooked on? For me, one thing is American Idol! (although I'm not hooked on any one person yet)

27 comments:

  1. And then I see you also used your mirrors too. This is a darling card. You can just see the deer-in-the-headlights look of that seahorse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card...so very precious...giving me ideas, I may have to borrow. AND, I just got my stamps Monday and they are screaming to be inked up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute!!! So now I'll have to put the Heart Nesties on my shopping list!! LOL I love that hook....so perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hooked on AI too! I love your fishy bling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooked - kewte card!

    I am hooked on LOST, Basic Grey, Bazzill and gouache paints!

    M...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo cute! Great idea for the "hook". These stamps are awesome. I'm also "hooked" on AI. No favorite for me yet, either. - Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant idea to stamp the fish kissing the seahorse. His eyes are bugging out! Made me giggle LOL. And a laugh is always "a good thing" (aka Martha Stewart)

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! LOVE it! It is perfect with the look on the seahorses face! Too cute! Neat idea on the earring too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm definitely HOOKED on your blog!! What an AWESOME inspiration you are!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found those mirrors in the dollar store and left them there....how foolish! I love this card...the expression is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so cute made me laugh
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  12. This card is just too cute. I love the use of the earring for the hook. How inspired is that????

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a clever and colourful card!
    The fish hook is a stroke of genius.
    Love all the colours too, so bright and cheerful.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved these cards. They are adorable!!! And the hook is just perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is really cute! love the sweet little fish! I too am hooked on American Idol, I look forward to it every week. I guess I'm also hooked (FOR GOOD) on stamping too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute!!! Great idea, as always your ideas are fabulous. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is soooo cute! Love the pebble bubbles! Is that heart one in the pack of them, or did you hand make that one with crystal lacure or something?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the little inside heart and just the fact that you see things so differently. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How cute is this?! I love it! The hook is awesome with the heart!
    I am also hooked on AI. It will be fun to see who everybodies favorites are.

    ReplyDelete
  20. ADORABLE as always.. cute card Melanie..

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yeah! I am also an American Idol addict! Right behind my 1st addiction which is obviously rubber stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a cute card!

    I am hooked on Biggest Loser I even tried out for the show... But, I am doing it all on my own at home...


    reflections:0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just adorable Melanie! I love the little fish hook - it adds a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is adorable. I did not know that there were heart pebbles, Those are so cute. I will be on a hunt for them.

    I am hooked on the Bachelor. I know, it's kind of sappy and silly but there ya have it. :)

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. TOTALLY fabulous!! I love it...the bug eyes are killin me, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh is this precious or what!!! The hook is the perfect touch - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is so adorable. The "Fish Hook" is more than perfect. Too funny, I found a little fish that my sister had cut with her Cricut and was thinking about your last fish bowl sample.TFS

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)