Wednesday, January 14, 2009

"And then I said...

...I'd rather be eating chocolate!" (That always makes ME feel better!) Here is my newest creation with BCDzyns "And Then I Said" and two of my own stamp sets: "Say it with Flowers" and "Little Tees" (you can swap out "Just So Sporty" or "Tee Talk" for her jammies top here though with the word you like best!)
For awhile I'd been thinking this image leaning forward kind of looked like she needed to be lounging in some fabulous bed, so after coloring and cutting her out, I placed her on a piece of this Black Market Lucky 'n Love DP to create my sheet and pillow, and sketched a very simple silhouette as if she's half laying on her side, propped up ( nice and "hippy"! LOL!) and a few lines to the left to look like a pillow. Once you're happy with the shape, adhere to the DP and cut this out. (If you look up at the finished card, I trimmed a little more off than I originally drew under her arm, just keep playing with the shape til you get it the way you want. ) I placed another piece of paper from this pack below her to look like the fitted sheet on the mattress and adhered all that to my Pure Luxury 80 lb CS. Another Black Market print, Taken with Teal Base and sateen flower colored with an aqua Copic and rhinestone brad complete the card! (You'll also the in the finished card I added some shadows with a gray copic to the DP under her body and arm, and a nice little "dent" from her head in the pillow) :)
Thought this would make a perfect "get well" or "cheer up" card, or even a (ahem!) "come hither" card for Valentine's day! I'll be back with that one later, (but don't worry, this blog will still be rated "G") ;) I may take some step by step pics of it to show how I color her with the Copics :) Hope you enjoyed this, have a great day!

TIP: If using a pen, err on the side of "bigger" than you want the first time when sketching your shape, you can always come back in smaller with your line. If using a pencil, once you are pleased with the outline, go back over it in a black pen, so you have an outline to match the stamp.
PS ONE more day to enter the Paper Temptress give away! Don't forget to scroll down and check it ut if you have not yet already!

32 comments:

  1. Wow Melanie!!!! I had such an insane weekend.....but I'm finally catching up on blog-hopping!!! LOL You of course have been amazingly creative!!!!! I just sit here and gaze at your creativity!!!!

    P.S.........we "might" be able to swing a quick visit to Austin in the first week of March?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips on using the pen. I appreciate all you do. Thanks for sharing such a cute design. I am moving to my new room on Thursday! Can you believe it? Linda Crowder

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it! Of course she needs to be "hippy"... she needs to resemble most of us women! hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!
    You are so talented and I am so blessed!
    Thank you for taking the time to 'teach' us all through "how is that done" method.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea to use this stamp this way! Love the big hips too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh Melanie, thisis just fabulous! You are so creative. I love this idea and can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a cool card! I love that paper, too. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute card you are so creative
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really cute!!! I love how you're always thinking outside the box!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOSH, Melanie! This is so awesome! My jaw hit the floor when I saw your card! What a great idea! I love how you think outside the box and make every stamp set SO versatile!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous again, where do you come up with these things. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Melanie! I love that you have put her in a bed!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy cow! That's a great idea!!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Melanie, this is just fabulous! I LOVE the covers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another delightful creation Melanie...Love it!
    Not so sure about 'rather be eating chocolate', and it emblazoned across her shirt tho..
    hmmmm.
    I peeked at those beautiful Pop CS colors and had to order a bunch ! I never win
    anything...your Record Album Card was pure inspiration ! How about using some Vellums in your creations for us? Vellum is so classy looking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I sit and read this, and you just floor me. I cannot believe how talented you are.
    That is just the reason I come here every day to read/see what you have done.
    Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cool
    Love the idea. Your are soooo creative. I just love your blog.
    Roxie green

    ReplyDelete
  18. You always see the most creative ways to present an image. I love it and can't wait to see the "come hither" card! That's a riot!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This card is beautiful & hip Mel, I luv it! Luv the idea of her relaxing in her stylish bed!!!

    By the way I made some Oreo cookie cards & I loved making them, thanks for sharing. (I only wish I had your cookie stamp set)it would have made the card that much better! Hope you don't mind me casing your oreo card?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy Cow!!! This card is amazing I love the way your mind works. Thanks for everything you share with us and have a great day.

    Debbie/Phx AZ

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that card its great ,Well everything you do is great !

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so cute, Melanie!! I love the paper piecing, and pretty papers!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this concept, thank you for making it look so easy

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute design! I love this idea! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. her jammies???? she's laying in bed???? i never knew that!?!?!?! see, i'm always learning something here.

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMG, Melanie! This card is incredible. Your talent is just unbelievable. When I grow up, I want to be just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's awesome Melanie!!! You are so stinkin' clever with these girls!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like it how u give so much attention to detailing.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)