Thursday, January 1, 2009

Q&A with Guest Designer Allison!

Bet this made ya bounce!! ;) I squealed with delight when I saw how Ally modified the child hand image from my latest release "Hand-in-Hand" by omitting the parent hand to take hold instead of my lil bunny from "Just So Hoppy" (one of my favorite animals from my animal sets) The little butterflies she added over the hand iin hand sentiment provides just the right touch of whimsy, innocene and wonder. Great job, Ally, thinking out of the box again!! That's why you're my guets designer. Here's a little more about her:

Ally’s favorite:
Technique:
I love just simply stamping and coloring my images the best. You can get some of the neatest effects with simply some ink and a few markers!

Colors/color combo: I think my favorite color scheme for cards is red and green with a touch of white. You know... simple but striking!

Type of project to make that’s not a card? I love to scrap 12x12 pages! I am an avid amateur photographer and just love displaying my photos surrounded with cool papers, glittery embellishments and lots of stamped images!


Gina K set by Melanie: I love all of Melanie's stamps but I think my all time favorite set is her "A Year in Flowers". There are so many floral images to pick from and so many flowers for different occasions, how can you not love this set!


Gina K sets (from any illustrator): I simply love the new "Winter Foliage" set by Gina K herself! I am originally from Ontario, Canada and just simply love the look of pine! This set can be used for almost every season!

Craft supplies I can’t live without: BasicGrey papers, my Scor-Pal, my Ranger Distress inks & black archieval inks and my Copic Sketch markers.
I've been stamping for about 2 years. I began scrapbooking 3.5 years ago and got really into stamping wanting to make Christmas cards to send to my friends in family. I am now an official stamp addict!!!
I get my inspiration from everywhere! I love to check out scrapbook magazines, scrapbook on-line galleries and personal stamper's blogs. Thank goodness for the internet!

The most important things I’ve learned about stamping/cardmaking/scrapbooking are that's it's okay not to be perfect. Sometimes your mistakes turn out to be great learning experiences and you can then pass along your new knowledge to other crafters!

Some of my crafting goals are to have one of my cards published! Yup... a simple goal. LOL!

Some of my stamping/crafting accomplishments are being published in numerous magazines; Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine, The Scrapbook Magazine (British publication) and Canadian Scrapbooker. I am also on a number of Canadian and American based design teams; weScrap (International Scrapbooking Association), A Page in Time Scrapbooking, Mon Ame Memories and The Scrapping Bug. I love creating sketches and I have my own sketch design blog called So Sketchy!. I am also the blog editor for the Scrapbook & Cards Today magazine and love working with Catherine and Kerry... my two sweet bosses!
Isn't she fabulous??!!!
Be sure to scroll down and leave a comment on the post below if you haven't already, and come back at midnight for the next installemnt of the PAR-TAY!!

24 comments:

  1. Great idea Allison! It's a cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card.
    I really need to try to mix and match my stamp sets. the versatility is endless. Thanks for the wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute card and I love the stamp set you designed Melanie. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you, Allison! I look forward to seeing what you and Melanie have "up your sleeve"! Judging from your posted card, I know I'll love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card!! And, also like being noisy and learning what other scrapper's can't live without!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is so stinkin cute! I really enjoyed the Q&A!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colour combo Allison and a really creative card; love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Idea mixing these two sets, it's a beautiful card. SharriC

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute card and this has to be the most darling bunny I've ever seen! He has the cutest face ever! And, I really like the way you've colored and shaded, Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Ally...you are everywhere!!! Love that card...it is the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always surprised when I see the different ways artist use the stamps. Love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this iz a grate idea thanxs for the hlp in useing this set in a difrint wa
    merri

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute card! I like the way you altered the feel of the set by changing the hand for the bunny. So creative! Makes you think of all the ways we can use our stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially like your sentiment on this card...so true.
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  15. EEEKS!!!! This is sooo cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way you mixed up the stamp sets, something that I need to try to do.....now I want these sets too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Simply adore the innocence and fun of this card! How creative to use both sets! Sweet!
    Kim Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Out of the box!?? Just inside the rhelm of most youth these days of change and realizing what change can totally change! One rabbit in the hand is worth....a fantastic awareness for catchy cards. Great move, Allison.
    Big Sky Hi

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)