Monday, January 5, 2009

Where are They Now? Cathy Tidwell


Today I am sharing a gorgeous "A Year of Flowers" sample from Cathy Tidwell, my guest designer the month I released "Little Tees"! Her coloring is so amazing, her husband actaully took one of her paper roses for the real thing! (true story)

She sent this beautfiul sample to share with you today, inspired by a cake.... I don't know whether i'd want to eat that cake or save it, too pretty, but so yummy-looking!!!
Here's a little more about Cathy:

Favorite:
Technique
--I don't really have an absolute favorite, I like trying new ones all the time!
Colors/color combo--anything BRIGHT!
Type of project to make that’s not a card? I love to alter wood, just haven't been brave enough to show any I have done yet, lol!
Gina K set by Melanie--this is so very hard to answer...but I guess Ill go with Little Tees! Since that was my guest designer spot. That set has sooo many possibilities! And even more so now with the additional coordinating sets.
Gina K sets (from any illustrator)--Ugh! Another very hard one...Well, Cammie's Whimsical Autumn, and Asela's Flowers for Daisy...I cant count..haha!

Craft supplies I can’t live without--Besides the basic stuff, I guess I'd have to say my Cuttlebug.
I've been stamping for (how long)--Almost a year now.
I get my inspiration from--Challenges, other oh so talented stampers, nature....
The most important things I’ve learned about stamping/cardmaking/scrapbooking are--Don't sweat the small stuff!
Some of my stamping/crafting goals are--To be on a permanent design team of a stamp company I love! AND to get published again.
Some of my stamping/crafting accomplishments are--I have had a few guest DT spots that I have thoroughly enjoyed! I recently received notice for one of my cards to be published, first one!
The drawing for the "Hand-in-Hand set is still open, please scroll down to enter here and don't forget about my sentiments challenge, there is still time to enter and maybe win my January new release! Dreate a project that features a sentiment in some way. How would you show it off? It could be fancy or simple, but something that makes "a statement with your statement" LOL! Please upload you project to SCS or PCP with the keyword GKDMB1 (linking it here would be helpful, too if you can!) by Tuesday January 7th, 9 PM CST, I will pick a winning project and the winner will receive a guest designing spot next month and my January release, coming soon (you will LOVE it!!) I would love for you to use one of my stamps if you can, but if not, please play along anyway!
Next blog hop and prize is just a few hours away, I will be back soon to announce the Scor-Pal prize pack winner!

22 comments:

  1. I am so impressed by many of your guests who have recently started stamping. The work they create are things I still can't make after stamping 10 years. They are truly blessed with a natural talent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this card is very pretty she did a great job
    Hugs
    Norine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't BELIEVE Cathy has been stamping for only a year! WOW!
    You would think she'd been stamping and colouring for years!
    She's amazing!
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So inspirational, and I I love the color combination. thats where I struggle, coming up with colors that compliment one another so I just look at someones elses work and use it with my work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shading is wonderful! Great card!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoW this card is just beautiful. Can't believe that Cathy has been only stamping for a short time. She's a natural! Love her creative style and she is very insipring. Cathy hope all your goals and dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathy, you may have been stamping only a year, but you've been an artist a lot longer. Your rose is outstanding! Everything about the card works together in great harmony and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty card. I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one outstanding card -Cathy is very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card...amazing coloring! I love seeing what others create!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! All of the little things bring it together so nicely (the strips, pearls, scallops, etc - beautiful!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. I just love everything about it!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here is my card for the sentiments challenge. This is my first card I ever made with this set.

    http://www.papercraftplanet.com/photo/pict0145-1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here are the places to view my sentiment challenge card..
    Enjoy!!!

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1182154?si=crystalsnap

    http://www.papercraftplanet.com/photo/live-laugh-love-2?context=user
    Same card, just posted it in both places....
    Thanks for looking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here is my challenge card. I got it done and am quite tickled with how it turned out...even used my favorite color: PINK!

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/1182598?cat=500&ppuser=33801

    This was a fun challenge Melanie, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cathy is so sweet. She is another one that is so generous with her comments, I don't think she has missed a post on my blog. I found her through your blog when she was a GT for you. She did a fabulous job and I know she has quite a future in card design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow only a year?!?!?! Awesome job. The card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh this is just so girly and pearly!!! LOL I rhymed!!! :) And I love girly and I love pearly!!!! And I love the talented and sweet Cat too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am not into the flower thing (not a girly girl I guess LOL) but your tulips are absolutely beautiful. The tips on using the copics are very useful as well. Cathy's card is beautiful as well.
    I look forward to keeping up with your blog.
    Gina P. (purplepride81)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elegance at its purest.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful card and color combo is fantastic! I love the green and purple together.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)