Thursday, February 14, 2008

This is Dedicated to the One I Love...

My husband, Paul. My best friend, the love of my life. I am so thankful to have him forever.
He works tirelessly to give my children and I the best life possible. He is always fixing up the yard, remodelling our home, building our furniture, designing future additions to keep up with our changing needs as a family, and cooking at least 6 nights a week (spectacularly*, I might add!) I have stopped apologizing that I don't have dinner ready more often, because whenever I do say it, he always replies, "Don't you think over the next 40 or 50 years, it will even out?" What a sweetheart. He never complains about anything, or expects anything, just that he wants to come home to us every night. The pic above was takenof us together about four years ago in a biergarten in Fredricksburg, one of Paul's favorite places on earth...

He's also an amazing father. The kids dote on him. He is silly, kind, an expert tickler, wrestler, snuggler, and patient with them when they "help" in his workshop in a way I am NOT when they're in my stamp room!
Here he is with our first born, Jonathan (who is the spitting image of his dad now BTW!)

And with our younger son, William (who looks a little more, but still not much, like ME!)
Thank you, Paul, for all you do for us, and for being so supportive of my new venture! I love you!

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! My interview on Featured Crafter Friday will be up tomorrow, 2/15, at 6AM CST, and I will have a new card with "Just So Hoppy" you have not yet seen, please check it out!

*If I ever share any recipes on this blog, it'll be his, not mine!! I was going to include one of my faves he made Sunday in honor of my stamp release, but I'll have to save that for another night, he's been waiting very patiently for me while I finish my entry, gotta run!

**it need not be this particular beirgarten to be his favorite, any beirgarten will do

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Melanie! Those babies of yours are just GORGEOUS! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful story and life you must have!! You are truly blessed,and your children are so beautiful!! Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww........what a sweetie for sure!! And what a loving and very special relationship you have!! It was so nice to get to know your family a little more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, he is a great guy. You are a great couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, you are just the cutest thing ever!!! I love your pictures, your baby is adorable:)

    Oh, congrats on the featured crafter spot! Your cards are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet tribute to Paul, look forward to meeting him some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh ! That is so sweet,what a great couple you are!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww.. you just made me cry (well, in a good way). I love this post and how much you love your husband and vice versa...i sure do hope that i'll find a wonderful guy someday.

    Thanks for sharing this. btw, you guys look beautiful together =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Melanie,
    What little cherubs they were. I LOVE baby cheeks. I am going to be one of those horrible cheek pinching Grandmas when I'm old. Sounds like your blessed, but I can't think of a kinder person to have those blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my heart is melting! Thank you for sharing your beautiful family with us! Your DH sounds like a keeper, alrigtht--and your boys are the most precious little guys ever! You are so gorgeous, like I didn't already kntow that!...wanna adopt me, hehe! Thanks for the note and I can't wait to get hoppin' with my bestest new stamp set! hugs and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)