Monday, February 4, 2008

Discover Your Inner Funky (Monkey) Diva!

Yeah, I know these colors and glitter and everything are loud and over the top(okay, maybe even a little obnoxious), that's kind of the point! Fun and easy to make! I cut a slit above and below each hand using my hobby blade and threaded my fancy fiber through. (You can actually PULL it back and forth while you hum a seductive tune: ba da da BUMP! bump,de dump BUMP... it's VERY sassy! LOL!) I would have loved a thicker, PINK fiber, but out of my choices on hand, this was the fluffiest and most boa-like, so IT chose the paper, from a Hobby Lobby mat pack that already had the glitter on it, looked like some beaded curtain to me! I made the green mat behind it match the squiggled DP using Stickles, and I have to say: after months of wondering about all the "Stickles love" out there, I am now officially on the Stickles train!! Try it, you'll like it, and want it in EVERY color! (stardust shown here, allows your color to show through) I also added a dotted border of the stickles to frame the images, think stage lights! ;) and a little of the Cotton Candy Stickles on the Prima with an adhesive rhinestone bling in the middle and a smaller one on the ear! She's ready for a night on the town! I'd also like to put one knotted/draped around her neck as she bats those lashes, but for that card I simply must. have. PINK!

6 days til the release!!!

12 comments:

  1. Perfect card Melanie ~ Congrats on your position with Gina K as an illustrator!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie ~ Congrats on your illustrator position with Gina K. Love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my word! you outdid yourself with this one alright - how fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun..another swinger! Love the earring too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....another adorable card!! I haven't used the monkey yet, and I need to. Thanks for the inspiration, as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh too, too cute!!! I love how you threaded that fiber thru the card! I'll definitely have to give that a try!!! I can't wait until the release!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG.....I'm ROTFL! That is so dang cute. I'm sorry, but I've got to try this. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your work is wonderful! I love checking your blog for the latest card. I can't wait to see your newest set!!!! I'm counting the days. I didn't get Just Hippy at the last release so I wasn't able to enter the contest. Bummer. It's on my next "to buy" list. Just waiting for the release....
    ~ your new fan, jess k

    ReplyDelete
  9. You crack me up!!! I LOVE IT!! I love how creative you have been with this set. You make me see the potential it really has!!! I already loved it, but now I love it more!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)