Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My William is 3: Goodbye, Terrible Two's?

My baby boy turned 3 on Monday, had to share a few pics of my favorite monkey at his party, and some non-stamping related birthday tips! But first, above is a little present he left for ME on my craft table chair, how lucky am I? Is nothing sacred?? (Cammie and Lauren are always sharing vile pics of things their kids stepped in, left festering in a lunch box etc, and I was feeling a little left out!)
But how could you stay mad at this face for long?
After Sunday's release party ended, it was time to get jammin' on the party planning! I made 20 froggy bags on the cheap with little doodads I got at Hobby Lobby (I was surrpised these were even less expensive than OTC, definitely worth a look and you don't have to buy more than you need or pay to ship) I want to make clear the frog tag was not just a shameless ploy to promote my new set to our guests, it was very appropriate because we had it at an inflatable jump place. The Hoppys are pretty sweet for this type of party, eh?? No, my stamps didn't come in time to make the invites:( (That's okay, I didn't have time for that this year anyway!)
My favorite place to get a cake for a party is Costco, 15 bucks for a huge, delicious, filled cake that serves 40. They decorate them for a free, and do a nice job, but I typically like to decorate it myself. Some themes are more difficult than others, but I found a really simple way to customize my kids cakes: whatever they're "into" at the moment, dinosaurs, licensed characters ,whatever, they have a lot of already laying around our home. So here's my big TIP: Instead of buying MORE cake topping stuff, put their toys on the cake (after washing them!) Here I used Go, Diego Go! Rescue Center Mega Bloks, and a bunch of candy coated chocolate rocks (these are so cool, they really look like tumbled stones) I was so pleased with how it turned out! The kids thought it was "the best cake EVER!!!"
I'd love to write a long, sappy post tonight about all the joy William has brought to my life these past three years, but I'm still sick and super tired, so that's gonna have to wait!! But he's the sweetest little maniac I could ask for, I will say that. :)
I will have to try to get my Reverse Topper card with the frog I made for the Gina K gallery posted tomorrow, I have lots of pics, just need to finish the post, but now it's time for bed, night-night!

13 comments:

  1. Poor you! I hope you feel better real soon!!! Sending you get well hugs!!! Your little guy is sooooo
    cute,just like his mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That banana is sooo funny! The story and the pix would make a great scrapbook page.

    Thanks for sharing the joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm, yummy! NOT! Guess little William thought Mommy needed a present too! Since he is the cutest little monkey I have ever laid eyes on, I think we'll let him slide! What super adorable goodies bags! How did ya do all that when you're ill?! When I'm sick, my appearance and attitude resemble an extra from Dawn of the Dead! You made that cake so very special, oh my gosh! It' the best cake ever, I agree! Awesome mommy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww............how sweet is that little guy?! Enjoy this stage....even with the, ummmm, very "interesting" gifts!!!! LOL You sure can get a bunch done when you're sick! Wow!! Now, you've got to get some good, old-fashioned rest!!! Oh yeah......nevermind.....you have little ones!! LOL I DO get some perks with my teens!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute pic of William...LOVE the creative cake and too funny about the banana 'present' maybe he's trying to tell you something...you sit in that chair too much? HA - j/k hope you're all better real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Lil guy is too sweet !!! I agree I wouldnt stay mad too long NOt with his eyes !!! I hope you feel better soon !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you feel better soon! If I remember correctly (and I'm now a grandma to four little "terrible twos" this stage lasted until about 5 or 6! Good luck and enjoy it! ~chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea to put your kid's toys on the cake! I wouldn't have thought of that, but now my mind is in overdrive for my daughter's birthday in two weeks! Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is hard to be mad at them isn't it, but I must confess that I seem to find a way whencertain incidents take place.. don't we all. Wishing him a blessed year.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie pie! Happy birthday to him and happy birth-day mommy!

    hope you are all doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh is he a CUTIE PIE! Those treat bags are adorable, and that cake is fabulous! WOW, thanks for that tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry, but I always say whoever coined the phrase "terrible twos" hadn't gotten to "three" yet! Just a heads-up!!! :) The banana gift is just too funny! But the reverse topper card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3??!!! Are you serious??!! Wow how time flies! Such a precious boy!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)