Thursday, February 21, 2008

AIR MAIL!

Look at all those fingers and toes just waiting to get put to work here, so many options I LOVE IT!!!! Here I "tied" three balloons to his toe and drew a curved line in his gripped hand to hold the sign from "Just So Hippy", which is popped up on a dimensional. I repeated the dot pattern by adding the matching SU! colored brads to one corner, and a photo corner punch of Bashful Blue to the other. Although I did a shadow outline with my Pale Aqua Copic (Gina K tip) on the frog and balloons(and added white gel pen to his eyeballs), this entire card is paper pieced* (SU! Designer Prints DP). Paper piecing BTW is one of MY FAVORITE techniques of all time! Just stamp on any piece of patterned paper, cut, and stick, that's it! (No matter how many times I do this, I can't help always think to myself: "YES!! it fits PERFECTLY!" Don'tcha just love the reliability of stamps? They never go changin' on ya... ;)

Speaking of mail, I'm completely caught up on all my Hippy Mention mailings, and will soon post the BRAKS I sent for last week AND this week (and you thought I frogot!) :)

Stay TUNED for another silly frog card tomorrow, plus blog candy coming up and samples made with all the other Gina K new releases sets! I also have a few organizational tips and pics to share...

Have a great night!

*FROG-PIECING TIP: You do NOT need to cut around the individual eyelashes! Stamp your frog first on your mat, then stamp on your DP and cut this one out, going right around the eyeballs(cutting OFF the lashes). When you adhere your frog lined up on the one you stamped on your mat, the eyelashes will be batting at you in just the right place! (Say it with me: "YES!! it fits PERFECTLY!")

19 comments:

  1. Another super cute card from this awesome set. What amazing person designed this anyway???LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, I forgot, Yes, it fits perfectly!!!hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally cute!! Your little froggy is adorable paper pieced! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie patoooootie!!!! What a much better idea lining them up while I'm trying to re-draw the eyelashes back on!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgosh, you are brilliant! I did cut around every lash when I used froggy last night, whew! I love this little croaker, but I won't do that again! I think your idea is fabulous and my cramped hand thanks you too! The balloons tied to his toe is a toal hoot!! I also love the immediate gratification of paper peice stamping--wonderful card, Melanie (ps, I haven't posted a creation from Hoppy on my blog yet because I haven't yet done it justice...I'm gonna step-it-up though, so keep your eyes peeled!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It doesn't get any cuter than that! Another super fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww!!!!! That is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes... it sure does fits perfectly...ALL THE TIME! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way cute my friend! I have a froggy card in my head, just need some time to move it onto some paper! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGosh...this is adorable. Can't wait to see what's next. Keep those creations coming!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, so cute! I just got my hoppy's today! I can't wait to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are just so creative! Your talent amazes me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is darling. Love the bright colors and the layout. Such a great bday card. Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that little frog of yours and especially her eyelashes!! :-)
    I should do the paper piecing more often cause I really love the look of it....

    ReplyDelete
  15. It fits PERFECTLY! Dang, you rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just too cute! Love the frog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another brilliant card, Melanie! So, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. how CUTE! I love your frog with the balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo cute, and soooo creative!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)