Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Children Were Nestled All Snug in their Beds...

...while visions of hippys danced in their heads! This adorable LAMP was created by Linsey Rickett, and I seriously teared up when I saw it! This is a lamp I would have loved to have read by or fallen asleep to throughout girlhood. There's just something magical about it; it's so comforting, yet would really capture a child's imagination. I keep peekign at it and every time I feel this goofy grin spreading across my face! I was so touched that my artwork was used for this darling gift (for her 6 week-old niece) It also made me almost want to have another baby*, and inspired me to run out and buy supplies to make a bunch of lamps!** She put the animals on all sides so you can view it from any direction, and the curling ribbons she attached with the brads (SO clever!!) really MAKE this project I think, the balloons look as if they're drifting through the breeze. Turn on the ceiling fan, and they'd be fluttering! So charming, and different from anything I've seen!
The glitter, dotted ribbon, and lace trim around the edge makes it so girly sweet, and purple as a color choice is just so very cool and hippy. (My new Just So Hoppy set has some animals that would fabulous on this kind of project, mix and match! I really want to make a boy's lamp now with the FROG and green ribbons!!)


For all these reasons, I must proclaim Linsey's project the hippiest of all! LINSEY, YOU ARE THE WINNER OF MY FIRST CONTEST! (oh my, can you hear that...? It's Linsey screaming from several states away!) Congratulations, Linsey, send me your address, please, and I will send your Just So Hoppy stamps and handmade card on their hoppy way!


Thank you everyone, again, for playing! See my other post for the Hippy Mentions!

* "almost want" is NOT "want", sorry Mom!

**When I was out shopping for my onesies a couple weeks ago, I did resist the temptation to throw some plain crib sheets in the cart, (I just think you could make the most fabulous hippy NURSERY if you had the time!) but it did NOT occur to me how cute a lamp would be!! (Linsey made some adorable SOCKS, too, check 'em out!)

11 comments:

  1. Oh my how absolutely FANtastic!!!! Totally a winner!!!! Congrats Linsey and I've got a little niece I'll be CASEing this for!!!! WoooHooo!!!! Fabulous way to kick off the Release Party!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ADORABLE!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgosh---I'm shaking and tearing up, ok heck, I'm crying! I cannot believe this! What an absolute HONOR and an absolute shock! I'm speechless, oh wow! I can't even type! THANK YOU, Melanie! You have made this a very special evening for me! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh, that is just adorable. Would look so cute in boy colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. well deserved, it was quite a creation

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, that's GORGEOUS! Congratulations, Linsey! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Linsey ~ well deserved!!! The lamps are fantastic and SO creative!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project!!! Congratulations!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOOO HOOO!!! Way to go Linsey, you totally deserve it too!!! How clever of you!!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That turned out so adorable!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)