Friday, February 29, 2008

Hoppy LEAP YEAR!

Another card blending my "Just So Hoppy" and Gina K's "How Sweet it is" ($7 of every set sold goes towards diabetes research!) Hurrying, I picked up the the wrong aqua marker for my shadow, realizing only after I put it to paper and was so surprised to see the dark color come out(ack!) I went really far out from my image(OOPS!) but I'd already colored most of it AND had trimmed it up, so there was no way I was starting over, just had to make the whole line thick. Oh well. I "sugared" the rim with Stardust stickles. The DPs are both SU!. I don't think I have ANY cards on my entire blog with this many layers, but I actually had someone in mind when I made it (so I was willing to spring for the extra paper and adhesive): my friend Vanessa celebrated her 30th birthday the other day, I'm taking her out on the town as a gift! (You can read all about and see pics of Vanessa's surprise birthday bash over at her blog*, which her DH forgot to invite me to!!! SAM? Helloooooo!!!) ;)

And here was some inspiration for this card below! Have you tried these? YUM! I've always thought Diet Dr.Pepper definitely has a very "diet" taste, but I REALLY like the chocolate and cherry together in this one. And love the can, of course! (although I never need an excuse to design with chocolate and red or pink!) Coke Zero still remains my fave, however. Why do they even still MAKE Diet Coke?


Thank you everyone who left post-blog candy comments, way more than I usually get!! And all I had to do was say "the magic word"**??


*Feel free to leave TONS of comments there (after my snarky one) about you really wish you could have seen ME misbehavin' in the pictures!! (They won't forget me NEXT year! lol!)

**please

15 comments:

  1. That is such a great card! I've had that new Dr. Pepper and you are right it is delish. Yes, they still make Diet Coke and honestly...it is my favorite drink! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, yummy! This froggie is obviously NOT concerned about her thighs, LOL! Your inspiration for this one is so cool! Oh, I wanna see pics of her party! tfs, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmmmmmmm.....that does look yummy!! I love the sugared rim!! What a "sweet" idea!! LOL Froggy is just so cute hopping with excitement over this treat!! Oh and I'm headed over to the Bash blog to "chick" it out!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, now this is good one...a frog with an ice-cream..wonder what will you come up with next..the frog doing a handstand over the hippo?
    I love the crazy ideas you come up with...
    proves, you don't need a million sets to make creative cards, you just need imagination..
    Love it..
    I love the magic word..LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card...'love it!! Your "Basket of Happiness" card is also stunning! Thanks for sharing all your amazing creations and for inspiring me!!
    Blessings!
    ~Brenda H.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card...LOVE the colors, and the inspiration looks cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card! Such a fun idea & the colors are awesome! Your cards are always so pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the blue; I don't think it is too dark. Fabulous card once again! :-)

    I love Dr P but am not too crazy about cherry (too much cherry flavored medicine as a kid, I think) but I will check it out when I drink diet drinks again in a few months :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. HA HA! Glad I gave you your set back because you sure know how to mix things up! Wish I'd have thought of that! sorry you were left out of the party, drats. looked like they had fun

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every day I come here I find yet another way to use your darling stamps! I don't think I've ever owned such versatile sets as the Hippy/Hoppy ones. I love them! This card is just darling with the spoon in the frogs' hand! LOL Great idea to sugar-coat the rim of the ice cream dish too. Your ideas are just amazing and TFS them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just a lovely card. What a cute froggy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. C-U-T-E! Love the BG paper and the colors on the images... TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that card!! The froggy is just too cute!! I love the sugared rim, it makes the card look that much cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the combination of the sets--fantastic card and I am sure it will be treasured!

    Love Dr dr pepper tho!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)