Sunday, May 4, 2008

A Hole in One!


Here's another fun card using Rupa's new "King of the Grill"! The golf bag image inspired a lot of the details I wanted to use on this card. First I made "the hole" by punching through both green and caramel layers(with large SU! oval punch), then mounting on top of black CS with dimensionals. It may be hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like an actual hole this way, not just a flat oval. The ball was made with the Tiny Bubbles CB folder on white CS I'd punched out (after stamping "DAD" from "Hip Hop Accessories"), and the brown background was made from the CB Mesh folder. I rubbed the metallic paste that Gina K sells over the background to make it look more leathery like a worn golf bag.

Hopefully you can see the "grass" has a bit of texture to it as well, I peeled the CS into two layers and mounted it "inside out"(To do this, just insert your finger nail into the middle of the CS and pull, you end up with two "fuzzy" pieces!) The gold brads were another little detail I added to make it look like rivets on the bag, and I pierced and faux stitched a border also. This was a fun card to make using lots of my "go to embellishments" and techniques I usually reserve for girly cards!

I didn't do it on this card, but I noticed that the little nail/screws that go with the hammer (I went ahead cut these apart from the hammer so I could make backgrounds)could also double as little golf tees, wouldn't that be cute?!

TIP: The new metallic paste is fast drying, BUT if you happen to get a smudge on your card in a place you don't want it, I found that an adhesive eraser(cheap, SU! sells, removes unwanted adhesive from paper completely) took it right off! Yes!!

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome Dad card!!! That hole in one theme is great!! The cb background is perfect!! Your card is a perfect "hole in one" for dads!!! And thanks for the tip on the metallic paste, I got some and have been afraid to use it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card. love the use of the punches for the holes

    ReplyDelete
  3. How creative! I love the golf ball. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas you give us for making our own cards. I use your cards as inspiration for my own, but I always add or change something to make it my own. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome!! That golf ball is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool Melanie, love the "hole"!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cute---I love all the detail! Thanks for telling us all of that---it's so inspiring to hear it all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fabulous, and I love all of the texture!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)