Thursday, May 1, 2008

What's in My Basket??

But not that "basket"! LOL! Here is the gift basket I made for a door prize for the Texas stampers gathering I'm going to this weekend. I hope it's not the last lonely gift on the table, I saw some of the stuff from last year, oh my word!!* The big draw (hopefully!) in this basket is a gift certificate for my May release stamp set(which I am SO freaking excited about!!), but I also put in some gum, chocolate cherry M&M's, a decorated tin and matching handmade earrings, a handmade card, a board book to alter, a bottle of Cotton Candy Stickles, and two rolls of pink ribbon. I didn't intend for this to be a big "pink themed" gift, but once I got started , I just couldn't stop!!

Honestly I first was just going to bring the gift certificate! But now when I'm gift-giving , I always try to ask myself "WWDD?"* and that helps me step it up several notches :)

OH, speaking of prizes, my first Blog Candy winner never came back to claim the prize by the 5 PM deadline today, so....... here is the new winner of the Papertrey Anniversary Set ..(good thing I don't have to worry about any of you running out to buy it when you heard didn't win, right? 'cause you can't! ;):

#13 (chosen by random.paul):
Courtney Fowler said...
I have been drooling over your sets! My husband won't let me buy any and I think it's because he is going to! My birthday is coming up so...... He better, darn it! If not, I'm going to anyway!!!I do not have that Papertrey ink set... I love, love, love it though and WISH I had it! When I saw it I just about cried that I couldn't buy it! :)

Courtney?? Are you out there? and excited?! Please send me your snail addy, and if I hear from you in time I will try to get the set to the post office before I drive to Arlington tomorrow! :)

*What Would Donna Do? (although I know in the end I still didn't do as much as Donna would have!!)

13 comments:

  1. Oh, yay for Courtney! I'll make sure she sees this! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Id LOVE to have that basket! LOL! Wish this area of Texas had something neato like that to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are TOO funny, Mel! I am in AWE at that door prize & seriously?!?! I would NOT doubt it was in the TOP 3 for FIRST picked!! (if not...then they may not be privvy to you, Gina K or just not crazy about your sets so far but I would say what they H_l_!?!? what rock have you been under?! I so am going to miss being there but know in the end I made the best decision possible for me. Give everyone who asks about me a big hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful basket full of goodies! Who wouldn't want to take that home? Pink works for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo Courtney!!! You lucky girl!
    What a wonderful basket you made up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Courtney!! And Melanie...............OH MY GOSH...........your gift basket is simply amazing!!! Gorgeous and generous and totally will not be last on the table.........you're gonna have a hard time even KEEPING it on the table at all!!! LOL Oh and have FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a fabulous basket! I may have to sneak in and steal it since I think you guys are going to be so close to me! Have a fun, fun, fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! I can't believe I won! Wahoo!!

    I emailed you my snail addy.

    Thank you! I am sooooooo excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That basket is just SO cute! I didn't realize you're going to that swap too! I'm so envious! Have a great time, I can't wait to hear all about it!

    I can't WAIT to see what you've got cooked up for May!

    ReplyDelete
  10. courtney i thinc u just won yor slf a b-da prezint ya for u
    mel i wud luv to win that bascet so dont wure i am sure donna wil b prowd of u have a gr8 wec ind
    merri

    ReplyDelete
  11. grat basket love the packaging too.

    congrats courtney

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMgosh...who wouldn't grab up that fantastic prize! Wow...wish I were going! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your door prize was super fabulous!!! Loved it!! I got half way to SA and thought to myself, I should have took those M&M's!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)