Saturday, October 11, 2008

Harrilu Tee

This was a fun card I made for two challenges, one being the SCS Inspiration Harrilu challenge , Harrilu is a type of silk screened t-shirt , (I Did NOT know that term before, learned something!) the other this week's sketch challenge. This is one of my favorite t-shirts I've made and my FAVORITE way I've decided to try and make a two toned looking shirt, let me show you....



I started out embossing my rose with clear EP on Cool Caribbean paper, the color I want to show through.

Next I rubbed Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip ink all over it with my sponge until I had a nice resist going and was happy with how dark my shirt was. I love how one sleeve is slightly lighter, it looks just like a designer wash, faded and funky. Then cut it out and mounted it on top of my stamped hanger.
I used the Black Market Lucky n Love DP which is all aquas and browns, one of my fave combos, this pack gives you ton of patterns to choose from in that palette, the "adore" was already on the DP (and I love the stitched look around it, reminded me of a t-shirt tag). I took that greeting a step further and added "I" and "U" from my "Little Tees" set. "Stylized flowers" are Cuttlebugged onto the Chocolate Chip mat and rubbed with white craft ink to make the pattern pop.
I'd totally wear that shirt!! Have a great weekend!

16 comments:

  1. Very cool tee - I would wear it, too. I love the blue popping through, neat effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh awesome idea! I love those colors too, and this tee looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That is a waaaaaaaay amazing tee!!! I definitely want to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! The faded watercolor look is so cool--I'll have to try this!

    hugz,
    Suzanne Dean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would totally wear that t-shirt too! Thanks for showing harrilu...I never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo, cool!! Love the look you achieved on your t-shirt! Thanks for sharing the pictures to guide us through the process.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat technique - I learned something new today (wonderful!!!). Great colors; I tend to go BRIGHT and HAPPY, but I like this combo and since you did such a neat job, I'm going to have to stretch a little outside my "normal" box. thanks for the push...

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOH! I love how you did that! I don't emboss nearly enough. This is a good example of why I should!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous! That little tee positively glows.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great looking card!! Adorable Tee, and I, too, would wear it:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your embossed shirt, and the colors are soooo pretty too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant! I love the colour you got here and these sets are gorgeous combined. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project! It looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maxine (Kiwime on SCS)April 18, 2009 at 1:46 AM

    Wow - that is stunning!! yet so simple... just my style :-)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)