Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Quick Card: Faux "Etched" Ornament

Here is a 5 minute card I peeked at our release using Gina K's new Warm and Cozy Christmas. I die cut an ornament from Real Red CS using a Classic Circle Nestabilitie and then stamped my image with White Craft. I used the white pencil technique (I used a Koh-i-Noor instead of Prismacolor, and I had to put mine on red!) to shade just the left underside of each part of the image, and then sponged white craft around the edge to give the ball a bit of a frost and some depth. The ornament hanger is made with the SU! Round tab Punch and Threading Water punch in Brushed Silver CS, and a little loop of Gold Pure Luxury Cording and Pure Luxury Ribbon (love how the gold edge on the ribbon is a perfect match to the cord). "Merry" is stamped in Real Red inside the loop to highlight my greeting.

Very simple to make a bunch of when you're getting ready for the holidays!
Have a great day! :)

14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous samples Melanie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable.

    smallcity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple gorgeous! I would have never though of using the round tab and threading water to make the ornament hanger-very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a clever idea for an ornament - I need to try that tecnhnique, it's really cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! This is just darling!!! I love this etched look and can't wait to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! Love how 3 dimensional this looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever...I love how you made the ornament and hanger as well as the technique you used...love it!

    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely adorable! Love the etched technique! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome, Melanie!! You always come up with the best ideas, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this ornament!!

    I may have to use this idea for a class at Gina's store - it's so perfect!! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)