Thursday, October 30, 2008

Guest Designer: Week 4

Another week of "Wow!!!" from Theresa Momber, she created another beautiful framed piece and card to go with (love how she used that wide brown base layer to mimic the frame). I adore how she made the leaves growing out beyond the border, and how she sponged that spectrum-looking background to create a sun-kissed hillside! (Please take me there, NOW!! LOL!)
Here are Theresa's tips for creating this project: "To get the color on the sunflowers more intense, I used a yellow craft marker on the upper petals and an orange one on the lower petals. Then I used Koh-i-noor pencils (blended with OMS) over that to get some color variation. The images were all cut out and layered over the sponged background. There is a little hint of a foliage stamp from Botanical Dreams in the background. The green layer is Kiwi Kiss from SU. The card base is Chocolate Chip. I found the frame at Walmart for $3. "

One more thing I have to share, another direct quote from Theresa's email to me:
"When I started on my projects this weekend, I was looking to see which flowers I hadn't used yet and discovered I have used them all, at least once. Wow! That says something about the usability of A Year of Flowers. I think it will be a "bread and butter" type of set, like Lovely as a Tree by SU."
Weeeell, I like the sound of that! ;)
Our next release is not until the 13th, so guess what? It's a long month and you will be treated to a 5th week with her next Thursday, hip hip hurray!
Now please head over to Theresa's blog for another fabulous project! :) I will have one more post today, I can't believe I went almost all month and didn't share a card in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, where did October go?? (and then Friday, a Halloween project would be appropriate, don't you think??)

12 comments:

  1. Theresa's work always blows me away, and this is no exception! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa is just so absolutely gifted!!!! My jaw just drops when I see her amazing projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I see another blog that I will want to keep up with...Theresa's! This is just stunning workmanship! Thanks for sharing her talent with others so that we too, can be blown away...
    debinicol at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous. Not only are the sunflowers eyecatchers, but the background enhances them perfectly! Very, very pretty and being a gardener who loves walking through the flowers, I especially like how she added the different shades of color into the petals as is so often see in reality.

    Thank you for letting us see these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the colors and coloring! Amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness is this GORGEOUS, Melanie! I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After I left my comment I realized that it was Theresa's card! She does wonders with your gorgeous set, Melanie. You picked a great guest designer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Melanie, when I saw Theresa's artwork my jaw dropped! She is just so talented! Thanks so much for sharing her tips.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to agree that Theresa does amazing work! She's one of my blogging sisters and I am so inspired by her! You chose a great guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. SO gorgeous. Theresa is way GOOD! Love the richness of this set. :O)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Theresa's creations just like I love yours. These are such an inpiration. I love how you painted and shaded your images.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)