Thursday, October 16, 2008

Guest Designer: Week 2


Aren't these day lilies beautiful with the "Theresa treatment"? I love the masking she did here and composition of the two, as if one is being cradled by the other, isn't that sweet? (Typically odd numbered groupings work best, but when done just right, like this, you can really make some magic happen!! Changing the height and angle of each flower and the leaves pointing off in different directions the way she did make this nice looking triangle for your eye to follow, fantastic!!) As usual, Theresa's colors, layout and details all just make such an elegant card. Sigh! ;) Theresa has another project for us today, let's go see! (I hadn't seen it yet upon writing thi s post to peek, but I know it'll be WOW!) AND, don't miss this way cool tutorial she did on Tuesday, talk about a gorgeous silhouette!!)

Now I have a little secret, I've called in a few other people this month to design (not because Theresa can't fill the role, of course!) but because everybody loves flowers so I knew some other designers would really enjoy rocking this set! I had to give two shout outs today because they both posted some real eye candy Wednesday: both are my fellow Dirty Dozen Alumni, one I've become familiar with recently, as she finishes up her 6 month stint as a Dirty Girl this month, Joan Ervin! Her coloring is just divine and she is brand new to blogging, so be sure to go add her to you list of favorite places to visit for inspiration! Prepare to be blown away by this stunning bouquet of flowers (and all that cutting? oh my!), my eye doesn't know where to look, each bloom is so glorious and competing for my attention!


The next designer I actually had the pleasure of meeting at CHA this summer and was a little starstruck to be honest (and doubted she would even know who I was) because I have been a fan of hers for a long time, she's just one of my all-time faves: Meg Shumaker, aka WAXYO! Meg doesn't blog, so I recommend you bookmark her drool-worthy Splitcoast gallery if you haven't already after checking out this beautiful sample and this one with "A Year of Flowers" she uploaded yesterday. (They are both so classic "Meg", I love 'em both, but you know me, I'm kinda partial to the RED one!!) ;)


I'll be adding a few more Dirty Girl sightings over the month, and would love to peek at what YOU are making with the set, too! Let me know, okay?? Do we need a little contest for inspiration? ;)

12 comments:

  1. That is definitely a gorgeous card with your set! Thanks for sharing links to others too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the warmth and comfiness of the card - beautiful work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Theresa's work never ceases to amaze me! This is just stunning and elegant, love the warmth of it! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I love the "Theresa treatment!" It's so soft and pretty. Amazing how many looks you can get with these blooms!:O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Theresa really rocks those flowers! I love her cards, and she's nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful and delicate. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card. i love the colors. and it just feels like Fall to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card!! Theresa's coloring is fabulous!

    I tried to leave a comment on Joan Ervin's blog but unfortunately, I don't have a blog so it doesn't allow me to leave a comment:( I think her flower card is soooo gorgeous!!! I was just using Twinkling H2O's yesterday so the shimmer that they provide is fresh in my mind. I can just imagine these flowers IRL and they make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is very pretty and warm. I really like this stamp. Very elegant and versatile!

    Angelique

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful. Her coloring is amazing! You must be proud of what others can do with your stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. EXQUISITE!!!!!!! OMGosh just stunning!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Theresa's card is so very beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)