Thursday, October 30, 2008

Think PINK

Well, I am really sorry I missed out on 30 days of promoting Breast Cancer Awareness with project samples this month, but it's a cause to support year-round so here goes! I made these for a Little Tees Swap on SCS, should be getting my swaps in the mail some time next week, I'll be sure to take pics of what I receive!
It's a very simple design, but with this classic white tee as the focal point I liked this design better than any of the other more complicated layouts or added colors I was trying out before deciding on this (and I'm very happy with it!) The tee outline and cause ribbon from the "Little Tees" set were stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on white CS, colored with Blush and Peach Copics (finally bought a WHOLE box, A, expect a post later about how I decided on this one!) and outlined with my Prismacolor Warm Gray 20% marker to give it a nice curvy shape (and "support the girls"!)
I mounted it on a Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilitie die cut in different prints from the SU! Designer Series pack and made my own little ribbon with a loop of SU! 1/4"grosgrain, glue dots and a self adhesive rhinestone. "Get well soon"(I love this greeting and font, it goes with everything!) is from "Say it with Flowers". I hope the swappers like it!!
Don't forget to scroll down and read the guest designer post! Have a great day! Only one more day til Halloween, are you ready?! (I'm not!)

13 comments:

  1. Great cards Melanie, love the little ribbon with rhinestone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great cards! Simple but awesome! I too love the ribbon and rhinestone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie,
    I LOVE this card. What a great gift. Fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I like the shading under the girls, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanie, I LOVE the simple design of this card, they are AWESOME in my book! I'm so glad you shared them with us.
    Barb g

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great Melanie! Great shading and I love the little ribbon accent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these are PERfect!!! The ribbon and rhinestone are just wonderful!! I totally LOVE the "support the girls" comment....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I love it! I love the dp paper behind the tee, the scallops, all the white, and the rhinestone and ribbon. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are fantastic. Love the detail in your colouring and the argyle background. Adorable! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the pink PP and the shapeliness made me laugh out loud! how apropos, and yet giggle inducing...i'll admit, i'm 12 on the inside! at any rate, perfectly adorable...and perfectly shaped if you know what i mean LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love these - the added pink ribbon with the rhinestone is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great cause and what great cards you made in honor of it!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)