Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cozy Country Church

For this card, I wanted it to look like someone was peeping through the fir branches at a little chapel in the woods. I stamped the pine needles from "Winter Foliage" (the Free with Three Set) in Handsome Hunter onto my base and onto the top corner of fmy focal point mat (which is mounted on Hunter Green and Real Red CS. Asela's "Christmas Blessings" image is colored with Copics and outlined with Stardust Stickles. I also drew some lines down from the roof with the glitter to make icicles. Ribbon is Gina K's Pure Luxury Holiday Assortment and silver frame is SU! Hodge podge.

I am happy to report it is a little bit colder here in Texas! (just a little bit)

11 comments:

  1. I love how you did your ribbon, Melanie. It's unusual to see it just on the corners of one side. It's perfect with the branches coming in from the other side. Very pretty card.
    Gail S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous. It really does look like you are peeking at the church. You have a very good eye. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh so gorgeous with the red ribbon and the branches on the side........I LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card- the colors are WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely scene. You definitely pulled off the 'peeking through the trees' feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. I have a church stamp and might try something like that this afternoon when I'm in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a pretty card. I love the little scene you created with the tree branches in the background. Love the red ribbon and the stickles too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect card. Looks just like the church my mom attends. This would be an awesome card for my dd "Joy"! TFS. Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. How pretty. You acheived yuor goal. It does look like you're peeking through the branches. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is stunning. I love the coloring. Eeks, I need Copics, badly. Roll on Christmas. Santa is bringing me some.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this cozy church card! I wish it was colder - it's still been too warm during the day!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)