Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Modern Flowers


Look, no roses! (but most of the other images from "A Year of Flowers" set!)

I wanted to show a card with a fresh, modern feel for those of you aren't going to be watercoloring (or will but want to change it up once in a while) LOL! My inspiration for this card was a piece of DP below I saw at Hobby Hobby (sorry, I took a pic, but forgot to check the brand) The black and white flowers and partial coloring really appealed to me, I thought, "I can make that!" I began with a white base and stamped my flowers on with Memento , covering about 1/2 the card, making sure to go off the edges for a continuous looking pattern, then filling back in with more flowers masking my already stamped images. I actually just used SU! markers* to spotlight a few petals and leaves, no blending or shading since the DP didn't have any, don't these colors just pop off the page? Last I popped up the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from "Say it With flowers" layered on black for a crisp look, with dimensionals. Doesn't this have such a different vibe from the previous samples? I love the whimsy and hip-ness it adds!
Have a colorful day! :)


*So Saffron, Regal Rose, Lavender lace, Apricot Appeal, Close to Cocoa, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Ruby Red

15 comments:

  1. Absolutely INKredible! I love how fresh and funky this looks. Such an artsy and original technique. Love that you didn't even hafta buy the paper (shooting pics is a BIG tip in itself 'cause a girl could go broke with dp, LOL) Thanks for the modern inspiration! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific idea. I only have a nice set of prismacolor pencils and some Zig markets. It's great to have some new ideas on a budget
    Thanks so much.
    Yours in Stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cannoli!!!!! I LOVE it!!!! The POPs of color......leaving some of petals b & w!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning! I love the look...and that it's really *just* coloring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are incredible. They are absolutely gorgeous. What a fresh, creative look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only person who goes around taking pics of stuff when I think to myself, "I can do that." :-)

    Looks great!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright and beautiful! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this! How awesome this looks with the spots of color and them some black and white! Might have to steal this idea! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you interpretation :)

    Looks fabulous!!

    Glad I am not the only one who takes photos of paper in stores ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous!!! Such a clever and creative way to color your beautiful flower images!! Makes for one fabulous design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the idea of that partial coloring, very unusual and it really catches the eye! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ha ha - funny you took a pic of the dp. your card is neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like this! I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)