Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy World Card Making Day!!

What are you doing in honor of World Card Making Day? I think right AFTER you are done reading this post, you should go make a holiday card for one of our troops overseas! (that they in turn can send to a loved one!) Not only will this make a difference to that person and family, but you might win one of 10 different prizes that Gina K is giving away! They are:

1 $250 shopping spree at Gina K. Designs
1 Box of Copic Ciao makers of your choice
3 $50.00 Gift Certificates for Gina K. Designs stamps
5 Stamp sets

WOW! You will get one entry for each card you send to Gina K by October 30th (so you have ALL MONTH!), she will draw 10 names and announce the prize winners November 1. (If you send 20 cards, you get your name tossed in the pot 20 times! It's that easy!) Read complete details here for info on where to send etc. So share your love of card making (and please spread the word about the contest to your crafty buddies, because I wanna see a pic on her a blog of needing a crane to lift all the cards into the mail truck LOL!!) on this World Card Making Day. Make a card and together, we can make a difference!

Here is a holiday card I peeked at our release using this month's Free with Three set, "Winter Foliage". The fabulous ribbon (which MAKES the card!) is from Pure Luxury Holiday Assortment. I don't use deep green that often, but I do for the holidays and I think this looks simply smashing here with the Chocolate Chip and bright white (embossed with CB Houdstooth), don't you?? I just love the sheen of that ribbon!! Peerless watercolors for the pine cones, the new adhesive rhinestones and Stardust Stickles complete it.
Now for something different!! I am completely off on my guest designer schedule with the release falling on Thursday and Pamela not having her stamps the first week, so here's a little something sweet she shared using the ball cap from "Just So Sporty"! That's thinking outside the box!I laughed out loud when I saw this lumpy little pumpkin (I always have a soft spot for those wonky pumpkins, kind of like picking out the "runt" that no else will see really needs lovin' but YOU, hee hee!) "You're a" is from that set..." pumpkin!" was her own little surprise! Great job, Pam, I love to see people playing with my images in ways to really make them "their own"! Now please go check out Pam's blog(and then go make an entry for the contest LOL!), she has a special "Saturday Flick" and "Sporty" project(EDITED TO ADD: I just watched it and was so surprised by what she made, it is so stinkin adorable, I wanna go make one!!), AND she is one of only 50 bloggers "Papercrafts" Magazine has spotlighted and linked in honor of World CardMaking Day, that's huge!!!

Off to finish up another post, (I managed to work three challenges into one card plus squeeze in a little info and tips on the Peerless watercolors I keep raving about, how's that for multitasking?!) more later, hugs!!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the pinecone card and Pam's pumpkin card is just adorable! I never would have guessed that was a ball cap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie ~~

    I am so loving your new sets! I picked up both of them last night! The flower images are so nice and big! and I love all the sentiments....got them all cut up last night and cannot wait to use them!

    Laura Jean

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That pinecone card is exquisite (and Pam's pumpkin card is darling...very tongue in cheek). Happy World Card-Making Day to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pine cone card is just stunning! They pop right off the card. What a great idea by Pam! Happy WCD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW great cards Melanie! I am off to make some cards for the troops!! Wish all of us could be sitting in a big room together while doing it though.
    Hugs and thanks for the spotlight!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pam's card is adorable. I love how she turned the hat into a pumpkin. Hope you enjoy your Saturday without the DH. Off to a wedding. . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these cards are fabulous! Yes I love that dark green color and how you did the pinecones! So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)