Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Easy Being Green...

I had been meaning to try some buttons in the center of these Gerbera daisys from my set at some point, by that I mean the kind you sew on, (the center is just the right size)

but then I saw these adorable PINS at the Target Dollar Spot, and knew just what I wanted to make!! 9 on a sheet makes those some pretty hot/cool bling at only 12 cents each!! (they had another sheet, too, just as cute, with 9 completely different designs) You can make two holes through your card to thread the pin through so the recipient can detach it, or here I just attached it with a pop up glue got (the big ones). Target had all sorts of other fun "Green-themed" items there (notepads, bandanas and such) so I picked up a few to put together a little grab bag for her, I just think these are super cute to put on cards or pages or to give to your kids or crafty earth-lovin' friends! and on this daisy (I also think "Peace!" when I see daisys) it's a super cute, super simple "green" design! :) Flower is stamped on PT Vintage Cream CS*, in Old Olive ink with SU! 1/4" ribbon to match, cut a slit under the the flower and thread your ribbon through to knot, easy peasy!! (I love how fresh this daisy looks in green, reminds me of sweet limes, cucumbers, and other good stuff) :)

I made this card with my friend Joanne Basile in mind, if you read her blog you know she does a post on "Going Green" every week. She just had a birthday, so please go leave her some love!! :)

(*come to think of it, recycled paper probably would have been a better choice...LOL! Sorry, Joanne!)

8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card,love those pins!
    What a neat idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I love it! I really need to check out Target. I never go there. You seem to find such interesting things there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for inspiring! I bought 2 packs of those a month or so from Target and just threw them in my stamp room with no projects in mind, just thought they were cute! You've inspired me to get them out and use them! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh cuuuuuuuuute!!! What a fun idea!! And what endless possibilities!! A wonderful way to stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this....the daisy is just perfect for those cute little buttond!!! Love your card with all the white, too....Awesome work, Melanie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun! I hope you're planning to send this to our green friend *wink* - I'm sure she'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been missing SO much! You are mindbogglingly ingenious. WOW what a super stampin' woman. Your work oozes creative cleverness. LOVE the green. Gorgeous! :O)

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)