Monday, October 27, 2008

With the Angels

This will be a short, I just have to let those of you who have been praying for Marcus and following his story know that his Aunt Nancy emailed today to say he passed away Sunday morning, shortly after I posted. His family is grieving but are thankful his suffering is over, this past week he was in a tremendous amount of pain.
This is a picture Nancy sent me of Marcus and her daughter Jessica (his cousin) last year at Thanksgiving (and the last time they would see each other). He'd been fighting cancer for about a year at that time. As you can see, he looks very different here from his previous pics.
Marcus's family is so grateful to everyone who has reached out in prayer and offered their support in different ways, they say they can FEEL the love and it IS helping. If you were someone who linked the Marcus post, I would love to know, as they and I have been trying to visit your blogs and offer thanks, please just leave a comment here, I'm sure I've missed a few. (It has been just amazing to see it spreading by degrees, from blog to blog, friend to friend, even across oceans...) Links for Karen his mother, and Nancy are in the posts below if you have time to visit, forgive me for not adding all the links right now.
I would like to say more but it's all I can manage for now. I am thankful I already have several posts saved and scheduled so there will be projects every day to share here, please keep checking back and thanks as always for stopping by.

19 comments:

  1. Ahh, another angel flew home today. My prayers & thoughts go out to Marcus' family.

    hugz to them & you,
    Suzanne Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a heartwrenching story...I prayed that he would either be relieved of his pain or a miracle be found; I agree, "another angel flew home today". This has to be so unbelieveably hard for his family, I can't even fathom what they are going through... I know the grace of God will be there to carry them through.

    Thank you for bringing this to everyone's attention...it's amazing to see how the prayers and throughts have traveled!
    XO ~ Mary G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. It was heartbreaking to read this and see his picture. But I'm glad his suffering is over and he is now in the arms of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. May Marcus' family have GOD's peace about his passing. I know they will miss him; but we all must be glad he's no longer suffering, but is in GOD's loving arms now and has no more cancer. Prayers for the whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs and lots of love to you and the entire family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My prayers go out to Marcus and his family and friends. God be with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is aching. What beautiful children. I'm so sorry for the family. They will be in my thoughts and prayers during this time of great mourning. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohh... I haven't had a chance to do my "normal" blog hopping lately so the lsat time I think I was here was when you first posted his story. I did link it and I know someone linked from me too. I just cannot imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's amazing how deeply you can come to care for someone after only knowing of them online for such a short time. I am heartbroken over the loss of such a wonderful young man. He touched the lives of so many. My thoughts will continue to be with his family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ever since reading about Marcus I have gone to sleep praying for your family. Can you feel my loving hug?
    sharynd

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing his story with us, Mel. Will continue to pray for peace and comfort for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. God loves all of his angels: both those on earth and those that are with Him. God bless the family and friends of Marcus. My eyes cry but my heart rejoices. I believe his is in a better place and we will all see him one day. Linda Crowder

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sorry to hear of the family's loss, Mel. Marcus' family and friends will continue to be in my prayers.

    Thank God for the hope that we have in Jesus during these heartwrenching times....

    ReplyDelete
  14. shoot (insert sad face) so sorry to hear the news - they will be in my thoughts & prayers for comfort in the days/months/years to come as they adjust to life without their treasured Marcus. TF posting the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Their loss is heartbreaking to say the least. I hope they're finding comfort in their memories and each other.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I'm so sorry to hear this and even sadder that my card will not make it in time now for Marcus to see..........:( I sent it off Monday and I pray it won't add anymore pain to his family.....:(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Mel I am so sorry to read this. I too will hold Marcus' family in my prayers. Thank the Lord for His promises to each and every one of us who believes in His dear Son.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read this on Monday too, and my heart just ached for his family. I know Marcus is in a better place, but sometimes at times like this, you want to feel selfish and want there still here with you, healthy and alive, its the human thing in us...I will continue to lift his family up in prayer..I cannot imagine loosing achild...

    ReplyDelete
  19. We don't understand God's will for our lives, I do know Marcus touched many. My thoughts and prayers are with your family.
    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)