Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Magic of Vellum

I've been wanting this deer and sleigh to hook up all month! ;)
There are several ways to reverse the sleigh, but here I'm using vellum paper (not the thicker vellum CS). Stamp your sleigh in Memento Ink (Tuxedo Black).
Now turn it over. It is important you color on the opposite side from which you stamped, otherwise your Copics will remove your stamped lines(even with a fast drying ink)! Copics don't blend the same way on vellum as they do on CS, so you may have some streaks if you apply it heavily.
I'd planned on covering the whole mat with the vellum, but then decided just to trim the sleigh out. I mounted it using glue dots(strategically hidden underneath my self adhesive rhinestones on top and just a touch of the Quickie Glue pen on the delicate areas.
The greeting on the Nestie tag die cut is embossed with Gold EP to match my Gold Cord reins (also attached with the Quickie Glue Pen) I added some Real Red Large Flourish punches that go so nicely with those antlers and "blinged" these and my punches up with rhinestones, too.

I love how festive this card turned out!

*I almost added to the inside"Does this make me look too hippy?"... But didn't.

12 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the bling in the sleigh and the red photo corners! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Great idea to turn the sleigh around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card and great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, Melanie!!! I love this and I have this wonderful new set of Rupa's! Oh, how I adore it so! I will have to give this a shot, although I can't imagine it coming out as spectacular as yours, girl! TFS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, YOU ARE SO CLEVER! I have had that sleigh and deer out, over and over again trying to "hook 'em up." Now I am thinking, "why didn't I think of that?"

    Your card is beautiful! Love your coloring and your layout is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Mel!! Great idea with using Vellum... He looks perfect pulling the sleigh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS! I've been wanting to make a card using the reindeer & reversed sleigh - you beat me to ti (and probably did a better job than I would have too!) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely brilliant. Love the way you put these together. What a great card. :O) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh great idea!!! AHA!! Coloring on the opposite side......gotcha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "hippy" sentiment - gives me ideas...Beautiful card. TFS. Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)