Thursday, October 9, 2008

Guest Designer: Theresa Momber

I wanted to start this month's guest spot with a little more about this talented lady (I only just came up with this idea, so apologies to past guest designers, I'm figuring all this out as I go!) Here are a few burning crafty questions I had for Theresa:

Favorite Technique - That's a toss up between heat embossing and sponging. I've been accused by some people of being an embossing addict, but I'm not naming names (mainly because there are too many to list). I don't think it's an addiction myself, just a genetic predisposition.
Favorite Colors/color combo - I am very drawn to warm, earthy colors. My paintings are almost always in brown/yellow hues. In card making, I most often pull colors from the Earth Elements and Soft Subtles color families.
Favorite type of project to make that's not a card? - I love to make little gift boxes and bags using my card making supplies.
Favorite Gina K set by Melanie - A Year of Flowers!!! This one is made for me!
Favorite Gina K sets (from any illustrator) - My favorites change all the time, so I'll just list some of them. Owl Always Love You, Just So Hippy, Botanical Dreams, Flowers For Daisy, Just So Sporty. I think The Magic of Christmas with be a new favorite (along with A Year of Flowers, of course!).
(I won't put you on the spot and ask favorite stamp company, hee hee!) ;) I'll tell you anyway. I have a special soft spot for Gina K stamps. It was those cute little owls that convinced me it would be okay to try unmounted. It turns out that there is life after Stampin' Up. I haven't looked back. I love unmounted. My only problem is keeping track of my acrylic blocks. They hide from me.
Craft supplies I can't live without - Those nifty little yellow sponges. I have a whole bucket of them all cut up for sponging.
I get my inspiration from - Faith (aka Markie's Mom), Michelle Zindorf (it was these two ladies projects with Owl Always Love You that sent me searching for Gina K Designs), and, of late, Sharon Johnson, who I didn't discover until recently. Yep, I live in a hole.
The most important things I've learned about stamping/cardmaking are - how amazingly friendly and supportive stampers are. I have been to other types of forums and chat rooms around the web, but stampers (and crafters in general) are the nicest, friendliest people out there. I am constantly awed by the generosity and caring of this wonderful online community and how supportive the different stamp companies are to each other. Also, I have learned not to pick up my embossed images until they are completely cooled. ;)

Today I'm sharing this fabulous gift bag ensemble Theresa created! If I got this, I'd forget to open the bag, just sit and stroke the packaging!
As usual her coloring and color choices are just spectacular (Koh-i-Noor and OMS!), and I'm lovin' on these fancy ribbons and pearl back accents around the corners, isn't that classy?! Here's a closeup to show that fabulous embossing and sponging on her card (measures 5" square) She also used some metallic rub on paste to emphasize the embossed dots on the background.
Now go take a peek at another Theresa original on her blog Crafting the Web, featuring "A Year of Flowers" I have to go look myself, she's surprising me!). Have a great day! (Tomorrow, Pam's last week spot as my Guest Designer, and a new "Sporty" template from me!)

12 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card and bag. I love the colors, how you cut the flowers out and the texture. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have been admiring Theresa's work for a long time! So envious of her sponging especially! And she knows it! LOL! LOVE this gift set, its awesome as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hole cow she can pant u do such butful wurc thanxs for shareing it sum da wen i gro up i hope to pant just a litl lice u mel i thinc u have fond sum gt8 talint in this gal

    merri

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWSers....love this gift set! Wonderful creation, with a wonderful set! Have a great day, Mel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! She did an amazing job! The girl can color!!! BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Theresa did a wonderful job on the card and bag, they are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa is a great choice for Guest Designer. This is the first time I have seen her work and boy am I impressed! The cards are fantastic. Thanks for sharing her with all of us. Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is just so stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations to Theresa!! Her samples are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gift ensemble! Love the color of the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I LOVE Theresa's creativity!! Her coloring is fabulous!!! What a special and gorgeous gift set!!!

    ReplyDelete

Your generous feedback helps make my work and this blog better! Thanks for inspiring and motivating me! :)